Harmony One vs 650
Any thoughts between the two?
I know the Harmony 650 is newer, but has less features than the One did.
I don't need to control 15 devices, but the macro feature looks potentially interesting. I am also interested in how they stack up in terms of quality and durability.

I can get a refurbished One for $99, or a new 650 for $79.

Any suggestions appreciated Smile
I happen to own both and use both for XBMC. Personally I like my 650 better. I really despise the touch screen on the one and it is substantially more fragile. My battery cover fell off without me having ever dropped the remote. It absolutely will not stay on but unfortunately they have the worst warranty and support ever. The one does have it's nice features. I like the rechargeable battery and cradle. The extra button spots on the touch screen are nice. I prefer the white backlighting over the orange of the 650. Obviously the extra devices can be nice if you need them. Honestly though either one is a good choice. Just depends on how much you want to spend and how many devices you need.
I really love my harmony one remotes got one since 2008 and got another one last year. Unfortunately the battery in my newest harmony one has swelled so its stuck. Logitech great warranty replaces the remote to a new, but since one ain't produced any more I will get a harmony touch instead.
I've had a 650 for over 2 years and it's held up pretty well, even after a few spills. But it controls 5 devices, whereas the One controls 6. (uhh i think 6.

PS - the background on my 650 is still actual red. Smile

PPS - i use rechargeable NiMH batteries and with regular use, I have to swap them out every 2 months or so.

Harmony remotes are awesome.
I am looking at both Hamony remotes as well, I am leaning towards the One as the 650 will only allow 5 devices to be configured whereas the One allows 15. Why don't Logitech make a device somewhere in between as I only actually need to control 7 devices.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One vs 6500