Linux Can't connect to MySQL server
Hi,

I tried geting MythTV (0.26) with xbmc (12.0) running on Arch. But I keep getting the error-massage that he can't conect to the MSQL-Server von 127.0.0.1. I havn't changed anything in MythTV (as far as I know), used this installation guid.
I can connect to the mysql database with
Code:
$mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -h localhost

Cmd-Output:
Code:
cmyth_mysql_testdb_connection: mysql_connect() failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)
buf = Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)
cmyth_mysql_testdb_connection: mysql_connect() failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

The full debug-log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/wmZwiUAA

I would be happy about suggestions. I've no idea, what I've done wrong.

Michi
username and password set up properly in the xbmc addon settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-02-27, 02:19)nickr Wrote: username and password set up properly in the xbmc addon settings?

I've the default values "mythtv" there, since I haven't changed them. or am I mixing things up?
so mysql:mysql works on the commandline mysql client, and you have those values in the xbmc setup?

That's not the problem then. Try putting localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 into the xbmc settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
When I set up myth backend on my machine Myth automatically changes the database password to something random and doesn't report it to you. I had to look up the password to manually input it into XBMC.
@LSU Johnny Are you using archlinux? I think not. myth does not change it's own password, ubuntu packaging does and I suspect that's what you are seeing.
(2013-02-27, 03:57)nickr Wrote: so mysql:mysql works on the commandline mysql client, and you have those values in the xbmc setup?

That's not the problem then. Try putting localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 into the xbmc settings.

That was it! Thanks a lot!

Now, the Addon runs and I can see the Chanels and the EPG in xbmc – but I still can't play the Video, when I click on a channel nothing happens. Am I just to stupid for this or what could be wrong?

log-file: http://pastebin.com/TMVfV5jy
I think mysql distinguishes between 127.0.0.1 and localhost as far as permissions go. Weird ...

I can't work out the rest of the problem sorry. Perhaps start a new thread now you have a different problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to MySQL server0