Win Starting XBMC with keyboard shortcut button - doesn't have window focus?
Hopefully this won't be too complicated of an issue. I have a logitech K400r keyboard and am running in windows 8. I have installed logitech's setpoint drivers so that I can customize the shortcut keys on the keyboard.

In logitech's setpoint, I have one button set to run the XBMC .exe file, however when I run it this way, XBMC does not start up with window focus. I have to either click in the XBMC window or alt-tab and select the XBMC window before any button presses work to control XBMC. What is confusing is if I go into the program files installation folder and double click on the xbmc .exe file manually, it will start up correctly with window focus.

So it appears logitech's drivers do something that make it lose focus instantly, or just start in the background. What can I do to get around this? I had thought maybe a .bat file could be made that could do this but I do not know what to put in it.

(It would also be nice if, when XBMC is running but is in the background, the .bat file could also make XBMC the focused window -- that way pressing the shortcut button would always bring up XBMC whether its in the background or not yet started)

For example the batch file could do this (I don't know how to write the code for thisSmile

XBMCshortcutkey.bat:
// hide command prompt dos type window so it doesnt show up at all
If (XBMC.exe = running ) give xbmc window focus
else (run xbmc.exe; wait 1 second and give xbmc window focus)

Anyone know how this could be done? (Or any other way to accomplish this?) Thanks!
Install http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798
Happens with me to even if you put it in the startup folder but using a mouse and clicking on it does not produce this problem

I bet you have a ati gfx card. Because if you do you will find its the catalyst program that causes it as I disabled it it and fixed it for me but I had to enable it again as it was causing video flicker so now I just use sleep.

I wish ati would fix this as no other program does this.

Just thought I would post.

Like the poster above me try that program out very usefull.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting XBMC with keyboard shortcut button - doesn't have window focus?0