How to increase Audio during Video playback
Hey all, how do I increase the volume of the video playback? for some reason it's set pretty low, where as the music playback is great. I've got all the requisite settings suggested, with updated drivers. I'm running hdmi through to my denon 1913 receiver, with a 7.1 speaker config, through my amd 7870 gpu. For some reason the amplification option during video playback is also blacked out. Here's a couple screenshots of my settings - Any idea of the problem?

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
After you bitstreamed raw codec from HTPC to Denon 1913, it is up to you to adjust the volume on Dennon. There is nothing Frodo can do to adjust audio after it is decoded and processed by Dennon. I found that enabled dynamic volume is good for it....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hmmm... I guess I'm a little confused as to why my music would be played at a normal level in xbmc, and that my videos on zoom and vlc player are output at a normal level from the same file source

Hmmm... I guess I'm a little confused as to why my music would be played at a normal level in xbmc, and that my videos on zoom and vlc player are output at a normal level from the same file source
when you are playing a video look along the botton for the speaker icon
Click on it and the 2nd line down allows you to increase the db of the volume amplification.
Slide the slider to the required volume and at the bottom you can save if you want.
I think this works
(2013-02-27, 23:11)seanpatrick Wrote: Hmmm... I guess I'm a little confused as to why my music would be played at a normal level in xbmc, and that my videos on zoom and vlc player are output at a normal level from the same file source
Have you try dyamic volume in your AVR?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Stephen, unfortunately that option is blacked out for me, no idea why. Blueray, I will try your tip of dynamic volume as soon as I'm hone from work. I'll let you know how it goes. Still,
If it works its strange I needed to set this on my avr only for xbmc. Well see how it goes!
Playing music is a normal stereo PCM signal which is sent to ur avr. When a song is recorded at the studio, they adjust the volume so that the loudest signal is at 0db without getting distorted.

Movies in DolbyDigital, DTS, etc. are not recorded and adjusted this way. There are quiet dialogs, much quiet background sounds, and there are loud action scenes. This is made to achieve a more realistic sound and is called the dynamic range.

XBMC doesn´t behave diffrent than any other standalone BD player when bitstreaming.

if u enable dynamic volume, the dynamic range get compressed, so that the quiet dialogs become louder and the heavy action scenes become more quiet. This might be good work around for watching movies at night if the kids are in bed or u will not stress ur neightborhood, but its not the way a movie should sound and it´s killing the hole atmosphere in a movie.

this thread makes me believe that u have never listed to a movie in real Dolby/DTS with its full dynamic range....that´s a pityRolleyes

the reason zoom and vlc are playing at a louder level is, that these players are also configured to send a pcm stereo signal to ur avr.

edit: and the option for amplification isn´t available, cause u bitstream the audio to ur denon. There is nothing ur htpc will do with the sound data when bitstreaming, and u have no chance of adjusting volume. Turn up volume on ur denon as suggested. This the right way.
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I should also mention, Bimme, That on my ps3 and blu ray player I've got the output set to bitstream, and indeed the volume is much louder. Again, I'm not attacking xbmc, I love the look and feel of it, just trying to optimize it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to increase Audio during Video playback0