Win Suggested TV backend
I had a go with XBMC Frodo, on Windows 8 and, what can I say.... WONDERFUL! I adore the way movies info is scraped back into XBMC! Lovely!

Now the hard part. People are telling me that tv backends on Windows are unstable. Is this true? If not what is the most reliable (sat/TV) backend on Windows?

Thanks
I use Next PVR without any major issues. Great support from the developer too.
Fast channel switch? Stable on standby /resume?
(2013-02-28, 22:01)Blutarsky Wrote: Fast channel switch?

No, none of the Windows backends have a fast channel change.

NextPVR is delivering channel data to XBMC about a second after a channel change, but unfortunately XBMC goes into a relatively long period (5+ seconds) of analysing the stream before it'll start playback. XBMC developers are looking to fix this problem in a future release.
Using MediaPortal with USB tuners... my system doesn't like coming out of standby. Nothing to do with XBMC, but more of a back-end and USB issue.

Again this could just be my system. I have recently re-setup everything. Fresh Win7 install, MediaPortal and XBMC. I took my time setting it back up and installed Mediaportal back-end/ front-end by itself for a week while configuring things. I did notice more TV-service crashes once I installed and connected XBMC to MediaPortal.

As Sub3 says, the dev guys are working on the PVR. Quicker channel changing, more features and a more robust system will eventually come. If you look at the rest of XBMC. These features are the best you will find on any software and are very robust. The PVR add-on is new and will need time to mature.
-----------------------------------
Front End: Asrock ION 3D running OpenElec - Backend: Dedicated server Running Ubuntu with TBS 6981 DVB-S2 USB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggested TV backend0