Win bug in upnp or I am to old for this
Hello my name is Wilfried an I come from germany. I´m sorry but I don´t speak english as well as german. I use nightly builds.

I am a little older than other users - I am 59 years old and so I hope it is not my age but I hope it is a real "little" error.

If I use upnp to serve music - there happens something. I don´t get the same. I don´t get playlists.

I thing playlist are very useful and needful - Wiedergabelisten in german

In the point "music" in the program you get at the end "playlists" but not in using unpn-streaming. After the playlist you can search and use addons in the program.

The last thing if you use upnp (server and client) in the list of possibilities is "sampler". If you use "videos" it functions correctly. There are playlist if you use upnp with videos.

I wish you some nice holidays and perhaps you can understand me and check it once time.

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland !

Wilfried
As I understand it the uPnP function only sends the information that is in your library - and the playlists are not in the library so they will not appear on your uPNP client.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
No I´m sorry but the playlists are in the library - but they are not in upnp client !
That happens only in music not in videos. In videos there is no error about playlists.
Your observation that video playlists are displayed in UPnP clients, but music playlists are not, is correct. I don't think it's necessarily an "error" or a "bug". It may simply be a matter of no one yet having considered or getting around to adding this support for music playlists. I've updated your other thread in Feature Suggestions to make it clear you are requesting this feature.

By the way, don't sell yourself short because of your chronological age. Wink
Hello !

In German we say "was lange wärt wird endlich gut". If I try to translate this: "If things want to be good they need a lot of time". It is not a translation word for word - but it is the meaning of that.

Thanks a lot, because I think that playlists are most useful for music and audio books - I think that they are coming out of this area and not directly from movies. They are also very useful for tv-shows. You can make a list what you want to see in the following weeks for tv-shows.

My personal opinion is that for movies it is more important, that you can start at the same place where you stopped three days ago because a movie needs about 1 - 2 hours to play and often you haven´t enough time to watch the whole movie.

Thanks a lot from Germany out of a little village near Cologne.

You see - xbmc is not only a mediacenter. It helps the world to
grow together over all ages, because all over the world people like and love the same things.

Wilfried
It's not your ideal solution but, depending on your UPnP client, you may be able to create local music playlists of your XBMC music content served over UPnP. So, although you currently cannot take advantage of the existing playlists on your XBMC system, you can create new ones on your client system that play the same songs/artists/albums, etc.

If your UPnP client is another XBMC system, just be aware you cannot create smart playlists on the client for content served from your UPnP host. You can only use regular playlists.
OK, here's a workaround that will allow you to see and use your music playlists on your UPnP client:

Music playlists are normally created in the userdata (wiki)/playlists/music/ folder. If you move your music playlist files to the userdata (wiki)/playlists/mixed/ folder, then they will be visible/accessible:
  • under music playlists on your XBMC system (MUSIC > Files > Playlists)
  • under video playlists on your XBMC system, along with your video playlists (VIDEOS > Files > Playlists)
  • under Video Library on your UPnP client, along with your video playlists (Video Library > Playlists)
In other words, after moving your music playlists to the "mixed" folder, when you select "Video Library" and then "Playlists" on your UPnP client, you will be able to see and use both the music and video playlists from your XBMC UPnP host system.
thanks- it functions !

Wilfried
See, you're not too old for this. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bug in upnp or I am to old for this0