Frodo upgrade failed
I have tried to upgrade my asrock 330 with eden install by using putty to input the commands as described here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...de_process

The result is that xbmc does not start. I boot into linux by default. This is my log file:
Quote:20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.0 Git:fb595f2), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 11.10 - XBMCbuntu, 3.0.0-22-generic i686). Built on Jan 28 2013
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /usr/share/xbmc
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/xbmc
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: The executable running is: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: Local hostname: xbmc-desktop
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: Log File is located: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
20:39:49 T:3077900048 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm am a complete linux noob so I really don't know where to start to solve this..

What I'm looking for is the proper set of commands I should have used and hopefully some commands to get stuff working again. Tnx Smile
Did you update XBMCbuntu itself too? The latest versions use Ubuntu 12.04 (IIRC), maybe upgrading would solve your problem. It's kinda hard to tell since it crashes that early.
Looking at the wiki page I would say no. But I don't know what "apt-get upgrade" does exactly.. Have people upgraded from eden to frodo using that exact set of commando's of should I have used a different ppa or something?
Try to rename the guisettings.xml located inside your userdata (wiki) and restart xbmc.

You lack posting crucial information to help diagnose anything, perhaps you should read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 and comply fully. Other information it may help is what the terminal outputs after you ran those commands, what ppa you used before and what you used after, since wiki does not specify a ppa for you to use and you havent told us anything of consequence.

uNi
(2013-03-02, 20:55)uNiversal Wrote: Try to rename the guisettings.xml located inside your userdata (wiki) and restart xbmc.

You lack posting crucial information to help diagnose anything, perhaps you should read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 and comply fully. Other information it may help is what the terminal outputs after you ran those commands, what ppa you used before and what you used after, since wiki does not specify a ppa for you to use and you havent told us anything of consequence.

uNi
Thanks for your reply. First off let me be clear about what I want to achieve here; I do not necessarily want to fix my current build. I want to know what went wrong so I won't make the same mistake again.

I understand that the terminal output would help but these didn't give any errors as far as I could see. I am currently reinstalling eden for a second shot so I'll give you those terminal outputs as soon as I have them.

The PPA I used was "team-xbmc/ppa".

Another thing that has been giving me headaches since I've got it is the extra hard drive I've installed. I've had loads of mounting problems and I wouldn't be surprised if the second hard drive confused the install/upgrade somehow. Could this be?

But still; shouldn't the commands in the faq have upgraded Eden to Frodo? Is there something more I should have read?
There is no way of telling what went wrong or finding reasons if you provide little information or assume what causes are without investigation. In some cases the solution, may prove to be a clue in what went wrong.

uNi
If you're in the process of reinstalling your machine anyway you could just install Frodo right away which would save you some time and trouble.
Well the good news is that the upgrade went well this time. The bad news is that I don't know what I did differently Sad I guess I'll see you guys in my "help xbmc 12 to 13 upgrade worksn't" topic..
I guess I will not Wink

* un1versal takes off flying towards a Singularity in quadrant xray.

uNi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo upgrade failed0