Remotely log HTPC back in at TV in other room
When I log in to my HTPC with Remote Desktop, when I'm finished, I can either reset the machine and let it auto-log in, or I can leave it at a login prompt, which is annoying for the next person that wants to watch something on XBMC because they can't log in from a Harmony Remote. Is there some way that I'm overlooking that I can re-log the HTPC back in at the TV? Or some way to log in using a MSE or Harmony remote?

Windows 7, btw.
you could use the concurrent login patch for Win 7 which allows you to log into the current session open on the HTPC. When you finish the same session will still be open on the HTPC.

This will not work if someone is using the HTPC or if you want to run XBMC at the same time.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I ended up using the patch found on here: http://www.missingremote.com/guide/how-e...pack-1-rtm

It was the only thing that worked for SP1, Enterprise Edition. It actually does let two people use the same account, at the same time, surprisingly. I'm curious to see how that's going to work when I try to do something even slightly resource hungry while someone else is playing an emulator on it or something. Should be interesting. Or disastrous.

Thank you much for pointing me in the right direction, though. It was a surprisingly hard issue to Google until you gave me those keywords. Smile Repped.
Cheers. Happy to have helped.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remotely log HTPC back in at TV in other room0