RealMedia files not playing in Frodo 12.0
No.

The "solutions" offered are not real solutions. Renaming extensions to "trick" the system is a kludge, and not acceptable. It breaks functionality of other players.

Defining .rm as video in advancedsettings.xml makes no difference.

What SupaDawg said is correct - and I am equally as frustrated: This worked just fine FOREVER - and then suddenly was broken in Frodo, and remains broken.

XBMC thinks .rm is audio-only now, and treats it that way.
"Acceptable"Huh

Please collect your refund at the door!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Absolutely TERRIBLE answer nickr. Easy and obvious, but still terrible. Or did you not understand that I was talking about the suggested workaround? (not the software)

Look, I've used XBMC for years, integrated into my lifestyle, relied upon it, invested a tremendous amount of time and money in it... and suddenly functionality that was fine for years breaks.

And someone suggests a kludgey workaround that requires a lot of work that will also break other functionality in my system.

Yer dam right it's not acceptable as a "solution".

Now - if you have something positive and constructive and helpful to post...
Have you submitted a bug?

Have you looked at the source code to see when and how this changed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have been having this problem since 12.0 came out and it persists in Gotham Beta 3.

I can confirm that adding rm as an video extension and/or removing it as an audio extension has no effect in playback.

I have submitted a bug report: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15128
Still present in Gotham on Windows and Android.

Curiously, most of my .rm files do have thumbnails shown for them. Only a few don't -- but none of them play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RealMedia files not playing in Frodo 12.00