Slightly alter movie info screen
I'd like to make a (small?) alteration to Confluence, preferably by my own hand - I'd like to learn how to do so rather than ask someone to do it. I've looked for a guide, how-to or other reference, and having now invested a bit of time in XBMC want just a few things more Smile I don't know if their are ex-programmers any more than there're ex-Marines but that's probably driving my quest.)

Specifically, I'd like to change the info on the main Info screen for a movie. ( For example the one at http://i.imgur.com/ExomkBes.jpg - I hope you don't mind me appropriating your image as an example ). I'd like to have the cast displayed on that screen rather than a separate one. There appears to be some useless info that could be cleared away to make room - file path? who cares, it's a library, Director/writer could probably go on to a second screen, too. I think enough room could easily be made.

All I really want is a pointer to a relevant XML file, or a URL to a reference, or a comment that it's not as easy as I think. Surely I can't be the only person who's wanted this screen changed, either ?
Good that you choosed a big image so we can see what you mean. Wink

That should be DialogVideoInfo.xml if it isn't called something else in Frodo.
Sorry about the image, here's one off my system http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/852.../lightbox/ with expert annotation to mark what I think is fairly space-wasting information.

Thanks for the reply, it does look like DialogVideoInfo.xml is what I need to change. I've had a good look through it and found the sections related to Director, Studio etc, and have looked through the other files for references to cast and characters, without much success. Searching through the xml files for 'cast' gives only 2 results, both in DialogVideoInfo.xml, but I can't see how it branches off from there. Temporarily stalled.
I would like to do the same thing, have the actor info on the main info screen. I am using 15.2 with confluence.

Any help would be appreciated.
This will get the labels from the cast list (ID=50).

Code:
$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Label]$INFO[Container(50).ListItem(1).Label,, / ]$INFO[Container(50).ListItem(2).Label,, / ]
Is there an add-on that can do this (have the actor info on the main info screen for movies) for me? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slightly alter movie info screen0