OS X API Support for Symlinks
I have an issue with album cover art not showing up, neither in Kodi Remote on iOS, nor in Chorus UI on Safari, for part of my music library. I am using latest stable versions everywhere, except that Kodi 20.3 is running on macOS Monterey. I was able to single this out to something related to symlinks within my media library. The structure is similar to the following. Collection C contains a symlinked artist folder. In some cases, album cover art is embedded in the media files instead of a separate cover.jpg.

Media Library Structure:
/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection A/Artist/Album/Song.flac
/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection A/Artist/Album/cover.jpg

/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection B/Artist/Album/Song.m4a
/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection B/Artist/Album/cover.jpg

/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection C/Artist -> ../Collection B/Artist/

I set up a media source with two paths:

Media Source:
/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection A/
/Volumes/Media/Music/Collection C/

All media files and album art scan and play just fine in Kodi. In Kodi Remote and Chorus, however, album cover is missing for all albums in Collection C.

Can someone familiar with the JSON API confirm whether or not symlinks are supported in this context on macOS, and if not, whether that can be fixed?

Please note that this question was initially posted on the Kodi Remote support forum. I am replicating this question to this forum upon recommendation from @Buschel. Link to original thread, for reference: 375576 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
API Support for Symlinks0