No audio, stuttering picture, after waking pc
I have an issue of having no audio when I wake my computer, the picture is also stuttering when trying to start LiveTV. I can fix this by unplugging, and replugging the HDMI cable.

I have HP microserver -> Onkyo AVR -> Panasonic Viera TV. My video card is an Nvidia GT520 with the latest drivers. OS is WHS2011.

Everything works fine in normal use, but when I switch off my tv and avr for a while, the audio is gone when I switch it all back on. I'm using CEC to control everything (CEC adapter on pc).

I've had problems for a while with windows thinking that I don't have an HDMI audio device connected when I wake the pc, which is fixed by un/replugging the HDMI.

I recently bought a tv card to start using XBMC for all my viewing pleasure, but it is really annoying having to play with the cables every time i turn on the tv.
It's not new issue, because it happens to almost everyone using HTPC with HDMI......

I think that every HTPC should have this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus"......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks!

So it is an EDID problem? I saw some threads about an EDID override. Would that help?
(2013-03-03, 13:45)sausageman Wrote: Thanks!

So it is an EDID problem? I saw some threads about an EDID override. Would that help?
In this case, I doubt that it will help.....
It's not an EDID problem. I've got an EDID override INF for the TV and it still happens. The other terrible side effect is that it actually resets the windows configuration for the device. So you have to run windows setup on the device again to get 5.1 working.
(2013-03-03, 04:59)bluray Wrote: It's not new issue, because it happens to almost everyone using HTPC with HDMI......

Hmm, the cheapest price I can find in the UK is to import it for £100.

Is there a cheaper option, or is this the only solution? Would this definitely work?
(2013-03-05, 00:01)sausageman Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 04:59)bluray Wrote: It's not new issue, because it happens to almost everyone using HTPC with HDMI......

Hmm, the cheapest price I can find in the UK is to import it for £100.

Is there a cheaper option, or is this the only solution? Would this definitely work?
From what you described in your 1st post, it is very similar to what my friend encountered with his HTPC. He bought Gefen HDMI detective. He can turn off HDTV or switch AVR to different HDMI inputs, and his HTPC still maintains normal audio when he returns to it........
There is a 12.1 bug fix release coming that may well resolve this for you.
(2013-03-05, 12:33)jjd-uk Wrote: There is a 12.1 bug fix release coming that may well resolve this for you.

Excellent news.

Is there an estimated release date?
Can't say I'm afraid other than it's hoped to get it out soon.
Sadly, 12.1 hasn't fixed this issue/
Can't you use XBMCLauncher to close XBMC on Suspend and start it up again on wake?

This fixes most issues with playback for most people. XBMC just doesn't like STR much for some reason.
I'll have a look at that in a week when I get back from holiday. Looks like a useful app.

One thing that occurred to me. Is my issue specific to windows? Could it be solved by switching to OpenElec, or any other OS?
Sorry to repeat myself, but is this a windows specific problem. Would using OpenElec solve this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio, stuttering picture, after waking pc0