Web Interface - Browse and Play Trailers
I've been working on a site which i can use to browse my movies and play trailers etc independent from XBMC.. i think i'm almost there so thought i would share it with you :

It's querying the MYSQL database and initially shows the 17 most recently added movies.
You then have the option to search for an individual movie, a genre, a year or an imdb rating (single number). (random results each time to keep query times down)
Each movie can be clicked and display movie information including the trailer from youtube.
Each info page can send a request to a local install of XBMC to play the movie
YTS Button to list the latest 20 1080p releases from the YTS site with magnet links

The trailers are the first youtube result for the title and year of the movie.

Edit : 11.04.2014 - Centralised config in config.inc.php
Edit : 23.04.2014 - Poster and Fanart caching

Posters and Fanart are now searched for locally. If they are not found then they will be cached from TMDB.com for next time.
GetPosters.php and GetFanart.php can be used to cache your library images initially.

Note : API key from TMDB required

Git Repo : https://github.com/danmed/XBMCBrowser
That's super awesome! Just what I was looking for. For now I have my XBMC library installed on my NAS, so that's centralised. But I saw there were some duplicate movies in my library. For that reason it would be nice to have a webpage that could represent the library content as you see it in XBMC. Without the need to fire up the HTPC for this..

Is there a mode in your webpage to display all movies from the library ordered by Title? So you can easily find the duplicates?

In any case, great work man! Keep it up!
currently i don't have an "all" view, but only because i have a 2tb library and you'd be scrolling for ages lol..

simple enough to implement though..

The problem at the minute is that i've built this to cater for my own set up and so someone else installing it and getting it working would need knowledge of PHP and MYSQL..

When im happy i'm done with it, i'll put all the customisable stuff into an .ini file or something and then release it Smile
You could also just put the code on github and let other people base on your work.
(2013-03-15, 09:32)Kibje Wrote: You could also just put the code on github and let other people base on your work.

Never used Github but will give it a go..
OK.. think i've done it...

https://github.com/danmed/xbmcbrowser

There's a lot that would need to be done for anyone else to get this working.. but please feel free!
I really want to make a remote method of accessing my library. I think this would be perfect for just that. What do you mean in needs a http to load the fanart? Do you mean all the fan art needs to be accessible on the web server? Does it need to be publicaly available or can the php script load and present it? Also for loading the movies and info. rather than loading everything what if you use JS to load what you see plus a few in each direction. then load as you move. Dont load fanart or info until a movie is clicked. Just load the cover and title. Then in the info have links to the actual video file. Use ffmpg to transcode into something a HTML5 player can play. and there you go, web based xbmc.
Hi,

The way this one works is that it uses the movie name, chops off the extension and adds -fanart.jpg to the end . The files need to be accessible via http.. not necessarily to the world if you are only using this on your internal network.

I do only load the covers, the rest is loaded once you click the cover itself in the info pane..

I have this site externally accessible so i can browse it from work so I don't want it able to stream the movies.. however it can be easily done.. though i don't know about the transcoding.,. feel free to grab it from GIT and let me know if you get it going.. the PHP isn;'t efficient by any means.. but it works Smile
Hi,

Would it be simple enough to have a button to allow you to play the movie/show/etc on an xbmc frontend on my internal network?

Cheers

Colin
Hu,

I'm trying to adapt it to my setup. It's almost ready only one thing i couldn't manage is to show the fanart of the movie (i'm trying to get the path out of the database but there are multiple path's inside the query)
I'm also trying to adapth it to use it with tv shows.
Really nice work i really like the layout.
Hi,

I found this thread by chance and was supprised. I kind of made a same interface but much more complex. If there are interesst in something like this I think I have something interressting too Big Grin

My Project:
I built a Website based on a MySQL Server. I created a Script which imports your XBMC Database in MySQL - so you can use the Website with a normal webserver without a permanent connection to your xbmc. I created Scripts that download Cover/Fanarts/Clearts/Actor Pics/Banners from themoviedb.org,thetvdb.com and fanart.tv.

Mainfunction of the project is to plan a movienight with friends. You can create a Topic for example "All movies with Genre Horror" and your friends (based on login with user accounts) can vote for the movies based on the Topic. You have for each movie a detail View with all Information like Title,Plot, Plot Tags , Trailer , IMDb Rating, Your Rating , Meatacritic Rating ,Length,Similiar Movies (Based on IMDb), Genre , Actors , Director (for each Actor/Genre/Director there is a Site with movies that I own) , Metadata from the file , FSK and If you haven't rated the movie on the side a forebode for the user.

Global Search with Filter Options -->available based on given Topic or not
Title , Genre , Actor , Director

And some more features like integration of TV Shows and more ...

At the moment I'm the only one who can create a movienight and my friends can only vote. I'm working on the feature that everyone can import own XBMC Database and create own movienight based on his/her movies and invite friends.

Is there any interest in something like this? I can create a own thread with Screens if somebody is interested.
I've had to semi abandon this unfortunately.. My MYSQL instance on my NAS decided it was going to go on a go slow and i havn't managed to get it running again yet.. Seeing as it's my NAs, i don't want to go rebuilding it!

Ideally what i want is something running internally on the PI Web Interface which allows the browsing of movies by genre etc and then playing them.. The default one can do this except browsing by genre.. it seems to just give you a single view of all the movies
I've now reworked this so it reads from the MyMovies75.db SQLite database instead of MYSQL..

Still got a couple of things to work out but it's all fully functional again.
(2013-03-10, 14:17)GBB1 Wrote: That's super awesome! Just what I was looking for. For now I have my XBMC library installed on my NAS, so that's centralised. But I saw there were some duplicate movies in my library. For that reason it would be nice to have a webpage that could represent the library content as you see it in XBMC. Without the need to fire up the HTPC for this..

Is there a mode in your webpage to display all movies from the library ordered by Title? So you can easily find the duplicates?

In any case, great work man! Keep it up!

There isn't at the moment, however it would be simple enough to show results with duplicates...
I'll look into it for you.. I am however completely useless with the GIT stuff so i may drop that and just move to a zip file hosted on my site..

There is a live version (looking at my database) here : http://movies.danmed.co.uk

(2013-05-30, 23:26)sompie Wrote: Hu,

I'm trying to adapt it to my setup. It's almost ready only one thing i couldn't manage is to show the fanart of the movie (i'm trying to get the path out of the database but there are multiple path's inside the query)
I'm also trying to adapth it to use it with tv shows.
Really nice work i really like the layout.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've only recently got my MYSQl instance back up and running so not done anything with it for a while.
Dan, I'm trying to set up this webinterface, but I'm not sure how it works.
Do you have a version online that uses the MyMovies75 file instead of MySQL? Is it possible to choose between showing only the 15 latest added movies and show all movies (and hide the watched movies)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Interface - Browse and Play Trailers0