Win Strange HDMI problem since Frodo
I have a strange and really annoying problem with HDMI since upgrading to Frodo : i use a hdmi connection direct to my tv for video/audio, my xbmc setup is 2.0 analog with directsound amd hdmi (but i tried wasapi amd hdmi with the same results).

When i wake up my htpc from sleep with my remote i have no sounds , in my system->audio there is no hdmi setting , so xbmc just defaulted to optical out.
When i wake up my htpc with my tv already turned on in the correct hdmi port everything works fine.
When i have no sound i can just suspend and resume my htpc another time or two, and xbmc will eventually resume fine defaulting to hdmi audio

This is very annoying (i can say a deal breaker for my wife sigh), i need to find a solution. Everything was working great with eden

P.S. I cannot try to uninstall realtek drivers because sometimes on late night i switch to my 5.1 sony headphones via optical out and this doesn't work from what i can read without realtek drivers..

My htpc is an amd e-350, 4g ram, 60 gb ssd and a standard usb hama remote

Thanks
Maybe i just need to downgrade to eden Sad
This is one common problem to which there is no real solution. You can try by disabling all other playback devices except hdmi in the sound control panel.
Inside windows ? Sigh...this way i have to close xbmc and re-enable everything everytime i want to list with my headphones...i will sadly downgrade to Eden then

Thanks
One thing you can do is to close xbmc when the system is put to sleep and restart it again when resumed from sleep. Try XBMCLauncher where I have included options for this.
I'm already doing this with xbmclauncher (that is working great btw) and the problem is there. Maybe adding a long delay like 10 seconds for the start ?
Same problem here, try to use xbmclauncher and add 12sec delay
This "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus" might be the best solution.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I set my computer to never sleep and just power down when I'm not using it.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
(2013-03-04, 22:34)joe_sun Wrote: I set my computer to never sleep and just power down when I'm not using it.

I never use sleep mode (on any computer), and never power down my HTPC. Powering computers on and off is what puts the most strain on the components.
(2013-03-05, 00:18)MikeLeone Wrote:
(2013-03-04, 22:34)joe_sun Wrote: I set my computer to never sleep and just power down when I'm not using it.

I never use sleep mode (on any computer), and never power down my HTPC. Powering computers on and off is what puts the most strain on the components.

That's really back from the olden days before hard drives would park themselves. Shutting down saves energy and allows your RAM to defragment but this is a debate that has gone on for years. I regularly shutdown my computers sometimes 2-3 times a day, the exception being my UNRAID server. I've never had a hardware failure before I got sick of the PC and replaced the parts anyway.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
(2013-03-05, 01:52)joe_sun Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 00:18)MikeLeone Wrote:

That's really back from the olden days before hard drives would park themselves

Shutting down saves energy and allows your RAM to defragment but this is a debate that has gone on for years. I regularly shutdown my computers sometimes 2-3 times a day, the exception being my UNRAID server. I've never had a hardware failure before I got sick of the PC and replaced the parts anyway.

I look at it like this ... he does "x", he has problems. I do "y", I don't have the same problems.

I'll stick to "y". :-)
Your problem sounds similar to one I was having. My only solution (other than reboot), was to disconnect then reconnect HDMI cable from back of PC. I forgot if restart of XBMC was required.
^^. Do not remove hdmi cable while on power. It will damage the hdmi port or board. I had to replace the hdmi board of my AVR completely. Restart of XBMC is enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange HDMI problem since Frodo0