Permanently turn off "watched / unwatched" flag in Confluence
Is there a way to always show all titles in a movie library and NOT show the "watched" flag beside the title in the Confluence skin?

Currently, when a movie is watched, a checkmark flag is shown beside the title. I can select "unwatched / watched" in the skin after watching the movie, but I would like to always see all titles and have no 'watched" flag on the listing without having to go through another routine to change the flag back to "unwatched".

Another way of stating this would be: How can I have ALL movie titles listed all the time without a "watched / unwatched" flag being set.?

Can anyone assist? Thanks.
You can set it to never auto-mark a video as watched by using the following in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file:
Code:
<video>
  <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
</video>
Thank you for your guidance artafael. I will try your solution and get back to you.
I tried the solution mentioned and unfortunately it did not work. And as I am relatively new at using XBMC - I am not sure what to do at this point in time to make the desired change.

One of the things I wondered, is if the version of XBMC would have any bearing on the solution. I using EDEN. Is your solution good only for FRODO?

I created the advancedsettings folder in the correct manner as outlined in the WIKI and created the .xml file in notepad and saved it in the newly made folder on my drive. Everything appears correct to me, yet when I play a movie file, the little checkmark flag still appears on the listing. The view I am using in Confluence is: Media Info 2, however the little checkmark appears in all views. I shold mention also that I can still use the "hide watched" feature in the confluence view menu.

Thank you again for the assistance in resolving this.
In Settings - Skin Settings you can enable or disable watched status, or doesn't that option exist in the old version you are using ?

Also, advancedsettings.xml should be in the userdata folder, not in a folder called advancedsettings. You must have misread something there.
Thank you Kibje for your suggestion. Again, unfortunately, it did not work.

There is no setting in EDEN that will allow me to enable or disable watched status - only to hide watched files or movies. What I am trying to achieve in Confluence is to be able to see all the movies in the library, regardless if they have been watched or not. There is a setting in Aeon Nox that allows for the listing of all titles - watched or not. That is what I am trying to achieve in Confluence.

I recreated the advancedsettings.xml file as you reminded me and saved it in the userdata folder. No go. Kind of frustrating to have the solution and it not work. If I am doing something wrong, I cannot figure out what it might be.

I guess it is just not to be for me.

Thanks for your suggestions.
That example I gave earlier was what you need to add to an existing advancedsettings.xml file. If you created the advancedsettings xml file just for this purpose, be sure you include the <advancedsettings> start/end tags in your file:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Thank you once again artrafael, for your guidance in this matter.

Earlier to my last post, I had prepared the advancedsettings.xml file in the same manner as you suggested in your last file. When I saved it, and played a movie, the flag continued to be set. I did restart my computer to ensure that XBMC would start anew.

After I read your last post, I tried it again. Success!!!

The only thing I can think of is that the original advancedsettings.xml file I created had some different indentations to it on the middle lines of the file.

At any rate, it works and I am very happy that it does.

Thank you again for your assistance.
I would like to turn mine off as well for one of my clients. issue is i'm running a mySQL db and it overrides that advancedsettings command.

my thought was to edit the skin to have the check mark be see through.

Anyone know where the checkmark.png is in the xml of confluence?
Hello guys,

I was just chatting with SmallwoodDR82 on IRC about this topic.
I would be really nice to have a toggle option on Confluence Skin Settings to enable/disable the use of "watched" marks at all!

I am building up a patch right now, any chance to have it integrated in master?

cheers NordishByNature aka mablae
Nordish, I would love that mod. I am actually trying for the flags to show in my tv listings but no go. I am using it on android gotham alpha 11 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Permanently turn off "watched / unwatched" flag in Confluence0