• 197(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I have generated the tool as an EXE embedded with Python 2.7.18. This means that it is no longer necessary to install the old Python version.

The EXE works fine with the current Kodi Nexus versions 20.3 and 20.4. It probably also works with Omega, but I have not tested that.

texturecache-v2.5.4-x64.zip
Thanks @rainman74 I just used your exe to update all my artwork on my LibreElec Intel NUCs. (Ran the utility on one and copied the Kodi video and texture dbs and thumbnails to the 2nd NUC).

I have spent last couple of weeks updating my movie fanart to 4K images (and updating many posters) and this Texture Cache Maintenance tool ran super fast on my 2.5GBE NUC with NVME SSD. Started with a estimated duration of over an hour but did all 1300 movies in less than 15 minutes using 4 threads.

I still have a couple hundred movies to do, then I’m onto my music artist fanart.

BTW: Where I couldn’t get decent 4K fanart from TMDB I used Topaz Photo AI to upscale the best 1920x1080 fanart to 4K with great looking results although I got better images by lowering the auto settings in many cases (mainly over sharpening issues and Facial Recovery can remove detail causing over smoothing aka the ‘James Cameron effect’). Definitely worth investigating if anyone here is looking for better looking art images.

Edit: Link: https://www.topazlabs.com
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17