• 101(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
First of all thank you Milhouse for this great useful tool!

I have one question though, regarding this change:

Quote:##Version 1.9.9 (30/06/2015)
* Chg: Re-establish comma numeric grouping of votes now that omdbapi.com strips commas from its result

Why is 'votes' not stored as a numeric value in the database (or a string representing a number)?
So smart playlists could be created like

List Movies with 'votes' > 10000 sorted by 'rating' descending

The current way 'votes' is handled doesn't make sense to me - what am i missing?
(2015-07-03, 10:31)alexalien Wrote: Why is 'votes' not stored as a numeric value in the database (or a string representing a number)?

It's a valid question, but not one I'm able to answer.

The change was prompted by this thread, which asked why the commas had been removed.

All I've done is to restore the old (original) behaviour, which also matches the way votes are stored in (and loaded from) nfo files (at least those created by Ember).

If you'd prefer votes to be updated without commas then I could add that as an option.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-03, 10:40)Milhouse Wrote: If you'd prefer votes to be updated without commas then I could add that as an option.

An Option for that would be great, so i would only have to clean the DB once and not after every update for my playlist - i still have to create - to work.

Thanks for the quick answer!
v2.0.3: Use "@imdb.grouping=" to disable numeric grouping when formatting votes. Set "@imdb.grouping=." to group using decimal places. The default grouping character is a comma.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-04, 06:52)Milhouse Wrote: v2.0.3: Use "@imdb.grouping=" to disable numeric grouping when formatting votes. Set "@imdb.grouping=." to group using decimal places. The default grouping character is a comma.

Many thanks Milhouse - will test this soon!

Currently i am testing another solution, with an alternative select statement for 'movie_view'

Code:
select ... convert(replace(`MyVideos93`.`movie`.`c04`,',',''), unsigned) AS `c04` ...

A manually created playlist for popular movies (votes GT 100000) is working well :-)
I still have to check for side effects though!
(2015-07-04, 06:52)Milhouse Wrote: v2.0.3: Use "@imdb.grouping=" to disable numeric grouping when formatting votes. Set "@imdb.grouping=." to group using decimal places. The default grouping character is a comma.

Tested "@imdb.grouping=" just now, works like a charm!

Now i wish there would be an easy way to update TV Show Ratings and Votes as well ;-)
I'm just starting to use Texturecache, which seems to be a very useful tool. These 101 topic pages take a bit of reading through though!

I'm wondering whether Texturecache can help me with something, but maybe this issue is more of a Kodi multiple device setup issue.

I have a Win7 'fileserver' PC that hosts a MySQL Kodi database, as well as the hard drives and their various shared folders that make up the media library. That same PC has a Windows Kodi installation on it, set to look for and scan in (scrape locally) new movies, TV shows etc as they are added to the various folders. That all works fine. The initial scraping is handled by Ember and MediaElch. All all support files are held locally in their respective Movie and TV show folders.

There are a number of client Kodi devices on the network, the main ones being an HTPC running OpenELEC (the main viewing one), another PC with OpenELEC, and a couple of Raspberry Pi units (OpenELEC). And they all work as expected. The clients have the relevant advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files. None of those clients are set to scan for changes on startup.

I'm wondering why when I add another RPi device, and put the special configuration files pointing to the MySQL and Sources in the relevant userdata folder(s)on that Rpi, it doesn't see the movies and TV shows etc that are in the media library (MySQL). They don't appear on the main UI(Confluence)screen. Through the menu Videos, Files it will see and play them as files. But it is clear the source 'types' are not set (Movies, TV Shows etc.).

If I correct those source types to be what they should be, it of course wants to scan them in.
My setup though is to only use the Fileserver local Kodi installation to actually scan new movies, TV shows into MySQL. I don't want other client devices to be doing this, and potentially causing issues with the main database.

Running texturecache 'sources' confirms the new RPi unit knows about the media file locations.

Perhaps I misunderstand the interaction between local and MySQL databases/images.

Can Texturecache be used to force the new RPi to update it's local database/images to know about the full movie/TV show details (as per MySQL)? Or do I have to let the new RPi scan them in again? And if it does scan, is this updating the MySQL database as well as it's local one?

At one point it did do a partial scan, before I interrupted it. And I can see that Texturecache run against that new RPi reports those initial 150 or so movies. But only those 150.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated.
(2015-07-07, 02:25)jolpin Wrote: I'm wondering why when I add another RPi device, and put the special configuration files pointing to the MySQL and Sources in the relevant userdata folder(s)on that Rpi, it doesn't see the movies and TV shows etc that are in the media library (MySQL). They don't appear on the main UI(Confluence)screen. Through the menu Videos, Files it will see and play them as files. But it is clear the source 'types' are not set (Movies, TV Shows etc.).

This sounds like a MySQL issue - a new client only needs the advancedsettings.xml (and sources.xml to avoid certain "security" issues but this file isn't always vital). If you're using smb:// you may also need passwords.xml. With those files in place you should have access to your movies and TV shows without any further changes.

I'd suggest uploading a complete debug log (wiki) from the troublesome client.

(2015-07-07, 02:25)jolpin Wrote: Can Texturecache be used to force the new RPi to update it's local database/images to know about the full movie/TV show details (as per MySQL)? Or do I have to let the new RPi scan them in again? And if it does scan, is this updating the MySQL database as well as it's local one?

Running a scan on the RPi would only be creating a local (SQLite) database and is definitely not what you want to do. There is a problem with the MySQL setup, and the errors/evidence will be found in kodi.log. It's most likely an error in advancedsettings.xml, or your MySQL server is refusing connections from the new client.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look at the log. In the meantime, the other files are:-

(DETAIL REMOVED)

-------------------
I'm using smb for all video files. The Music one was temporarily added. I've copied and pasted a partial list of sources here, there are more. The ... I added to separate.

(DETAIL REMOVED)

EDIT:-
OK, the log showed it wasn't finding the advancedsettings.xml file that I wanted it to. I seem to recall something on this from a previous occasion, when it substituted paths. I re-checked the obvious userdata folder, and there was no advancedsettings file. I'm sure it was there.

Anyway, it is displaying UI images now. The recent movies aren't the same as on another Kodi setup, but I'll play with texturecache now to force a local refresh.
If by refresh you mean rescan you shouldn't need to do that at all on the Pi - just do the scans on your Win7 client. All your clients should now be sharing a common library, so if one client is showing different recent movies there'll be a reason for that which probably isn't library related. If you're using one of my Pi OpenELEC builds be aware these have extra commits that allow you to hide watched items in the recent added Home widget, so you may be seeing different results in other builds (ie. x86) that don't have this functionality.
While I haven't gone down this road myself, make sure all Kodi versions are the same database version? I so could be wrong about this and MySQL...
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-07-07, 05:11)vbat99 Wrote: While I haven't gone down this road myself, make sure all Kodi versions are the same database version? I so could be wrong about this and MySQL...

No you're correct, that is an extremely important consideration.
Thanks for the replies.

I'm careful with the database versions, currently all on 93. The OpenELEC builds usually have an update shortly after the new Kodi version comes out (not yet though for the Kodi RC1 though!). I make sure the Windows PC Kodi (master) is at a db version that the OpenELEC units can work with. http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions

I've been playing around with the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml files, and have seen some strange things. I've noticed that some of the movie smb items in sources.xml end up without their 'set content type' being set at all. One or two were, the others not. As in Movies, TV Shows. They all allow browsing and playing of the files though. And removing the advancedsettings.xml file made no difference at that point.

It's almost as the MySQL can't be contacted, but I haven't seen an obvious error. I can link to the MySQL on the Fileserver with HeidiSQL from other PCs. I can see the paths table in the MySQL v93 database, and see the smb references. However there are a lot of other individual movies and TV Shows listed there, maybe from a previous earlier install. And even some with an earlier IP address for the server. So there is deadwood in there.

I think it is probably time I backed up my watched lists and dumped the central database. All my support files are in movie folders etc. And then just re-scrape from the Fileserver local hard drive folders.

Any ideas on how else to test if a device is talking to a central MySQL database?
Yeah, read a log!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think it time to start a new thread - sorting out MySQL and other general configuration issues is pretty OT for this thread now... I'd also suggest including your debug log (wiki) in the very first post of your new thread as it makes life so much easier. By all means post a link here to the new thread.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17