Linux best frontend/backend combo?
I have a Revo R3700 (NVidia ION2 GPU) with XBMCbuntu 12.0 on the HDD and a KWorld USB UB499-2T twin tuner. I am looking for a frontend/backend combo that is relatively easy to set up & will allow for series recording from the epg. I already have an xmltv.xml file I used with OpenELEC. Can anyone offer any recommendations? I previously used TVheadend on my OpenELEC setup (with hdhomerun) but it didn't support series recording.

Thanks
i'd suggest using vdr with the following additional vdr plugins:

vdr-addon-epgsearch (for finding the episodes of the show you want to tape)

vdr-addon-seriestimer (adds SxxExx to your recordings. nice for use with thetvdb for artwork in xbmc)

vdr-addon-xmltv2vdr (adds data from xmltv files to your regular epg incase the tv station doesn't supply season/episode info)

setting up vdr on an ubuntu-based system is easy imho. although you'll have to edit a few config files, once you've done/gotten used to it, you'll find vdr to be highly customizable and fun to use.

if you need help translating any stuff (as alot of the useful documentation is in german), let me know.
TVHeadednd DOES support series link btw, just not in the XBMC ui, you have to do it in the web interface.
Thanks, for simplicity's sake I think I'll stick with tvheadend. Now I just need to get my USB TV tuner working.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best frontend/backend combo?0