Quit XBMC
Hello, similar to the Quit XBMC command, is there a Suspend XBMC and Shutdown System command?
If not, may I make a request for them? Thanks.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
There's System.Shutdown/Reboot/Suspend/Hibernate. That should cover all the scenarios that XBMC supports.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great, thanks Montellese. Any chance you can point me to where I can find the list of commands including these?

I know nothing about JSON but I'm gonna take a shot Smile
the command for Quit is: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Quit","id":1}
So for Shutdown should it be {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Shutdown","id":1}
and for Suspend: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Suspend","id":1}
It can't be that easy now, is it?
Well near Smile

You need to read a little better Smile

It's written System. for those not Application. Smile (BTW Hibernating an app would be quite strange :p)
Hmm, that's the command that works for Quit XBMC in iRule (remote for iPad, iPod) : {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Quit","id":1}
I'll try {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Shutdown","id":1} see if it works and if not I'll try {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.Shutdown","id":1}
I'll report back Smile
Lol yes you Quit the application and the commands Montellese gives you are System. because you target the system.

No need to test the first commands it won't work Smile

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API/v6

There's no magic in this Smile
Merci Tolriq! It works.
Out of curiosity, there's no way to start XBMC with a JSON command because XBMC needs to be running to send the commands, right?
(2013-03-06, 23:31)ArieS Wrote: Out of curiosity, there's no way to start XBMC with a JSON command because XBMC needs to be running to send the commands, right?
Yes
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quit XBMC0