Soundgraph VF310 15c2:0036 and LCDProc
Hello

I have an OrigineAE M10 HTPC Case. It has a Soundgraph IR/VFD unit.

lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 15c2:0036 SoundGraph Inc. LC16M VFD Display/IR Receiver

I have installed LCDProc and started edited the LCDd.conf file located in /etc

I have turned on in the Server section the imonlcd driver:

Driver=imonlcd

My device 15c2:0036 is not listed below Confused

## Soundgraph iMON LCD ##
[imonlcd]
# Specify which iMon protocol should be used
# [legal: 0, 1; default: 0]
# Choose 0 for 15c2:ffdc device,
# Choose 1 for 15c2:0038 device
Protocol=0

I am also unsure about the Device=/dev part

# Select the output device to use [default: /dev/lcd0]
Device=/dev/lcd0

The user manual here says:

"Select the output device to use. Change this from the default /dev/lcd0 to the device file that gets created when the kernel module (see above) is loaded."

The (see above) part being:

"This driver requires the iMON module included with LIRC v0.8.4a or newer, available from the LIRC project. The 15c2:0038 device may require LIRC v0.8.5 or newer."

I have not got LIRC currently installed as I am ONLY using the in kernel imon driver for the IR remote control, when I had LIRC installed previous the remote didn't work properly and I was getting double presses / commands being sent. I am use a MCE remote control not the iMon Pad thing.

Which iMON module is it referring to and can I install this without having the full LIRC stuff installed? Not sure what I need to do now!

Can anyone please point me in the right direction

Thanks.
I rebooted and the LCD came on for the first time but all garbled text. I then edited the LCDd.conf file and changed to the imon driver instead of the imonlcd driver, then rebooted again.

Now the LCD says

XBMC Running
The date and time are scrolling along the second line very quickly.

It also on the first lines sometimes changes from "XBMC Running" to "LCDProc Server" flashes up quickly and then goes back to saying "XBMC Running"

If I move along the XBMC Menu it changes on the LCD screen.

First Line = Home
Second Line = Movies or Music or Pictures etc

It also is now flashing up with CLI: 1 Scr: 1
If I exit XBMC it says CLI: 0 Scr: 0

If I play a music album its showing the track time and the track name OK.

So its kind of working, just need to stop it flashing up these other messages.

Thanks
Changing ServerScreen=blank in the LCDd.conf file fixes the LCDProc Server from showing on the LCD screen!

So just to recap for other newbies like me with this VF310 15c2:0036

In terminal type lsusb to display the VFD model you have.

Install LCDProc

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lcdproc

Edit the LCDd.conf file located in /etc

In the Server section change the line from Driver=curses to Driver=imon

Make any other changes to the options such as enabling ServerScreen=bank ensure you delete the comment # in front of it.

If you want to make changes to the LCD.xml its located in your userdata folder and this page here tells you about it.

That's it, surprisingly easy to get this LCD working under Linux Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal / XBMC Frodo V12.0 with no LIRC installed at all.

Only issue so far, for me is that changing the line TitleSpeed=10 in the LCDd.conf to TitleSpeed=1 does NOT seem to slow down the speed of scrolling text, I would like it a bit slower.
Also if I shutdown the PC the Good bye message "Thanks for using XBMC!" stays on the LCD screen, would like to have the LCD screen go off completely when in S5 shutdown. The LCD does go blank / off however in S3 Sleep mode.

Tried changing Backlight=off but the text remains visible.

EDIT: In the imonlcd driver section there is a OnExit=2 which would turn off the LCD display.

However in the driver that I am using the imon one there is no such option

Any ideas?

EDIT2: Also when navigating over transport controls in the GUI like play / stop etc in the default Confluence or Aeon MQ4 Skin the LCD screen says things like: FREEMEM: 3382MB

To change this, I changed this section of the LCD.xml file

From this:

Code:
<navigation>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentWindow]</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentControl]</line>
      <line>Freemem: $INFO[System.FreeMemory]</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.ScreenWidth]x$INFO[System.ScreenHeight] $INFO[System.ScreenMode]</line>
   </navigation>

To this:

Code:
<navigation>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentWindow]</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentControl]</line>
      <line>Transport Controls</line>
   </navigation>

Thanks
I wrote a little setup guide with photographs here
i know this thread is a little bit older Big Grin but i also have some problems with LCDproc and VF310.

first an solution: to get a blank screen when device is in S5 change following lines in LCDd.conf:

Code:
# GoodBye message: each entry represents a display line; default: builtin
#GoodBye="Thanks for using"
#GoodBye="   LCDproc!"

to:
Code:
GoodBye=" "
GoodBye=" "

but has anybody solved the SPEED SCREEN isssue? can't slow it down... Confused

regards,
heli
Hi Rodneli

What OS are you using out of interest? I am planning on switching my HTPC from Ubuntu Minimal to OpenElec, was just reading on the OpenElec forums about other users having setup issues with this IR/VFD. Hoping I can get it all working again under OpenElec?

Regards

(2013-08-16, 10:23)Rodnheli Wrote: i know this thread is a little bit older Big Grin but i also have some problems with LCDproc and VF310.

first an solution: to get a blank screen when device is in S5 change following lines in LCDd.conf:

Code:
#GoodBye="Thanks for using"
#GoodBye="   LCDproc!"

to:
Code:
GoodBye=" "
GoodBye=" "

but has anybody solved the SPEED SCREEN isssue? can't slow it down... Confused

regards,
heli
hi!

i don't have an HTPC anymore - but i can remember i installed an official XBMC plugin - don't know the name anymore - in the plugin settings i had the
possibillity to stop scrolling - much better than the fast scrolling speed. It also had the possibility to change scrolling speed, but changes didn't take effect.

regards,
heli

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soundgraph VF310 15c2:0036 and LCDProc0