OS X Hackintosh Windowed Mode Question
Hey there XBMC community! This is my first post. I hope you will welcome me.

I have built a touchscreen all in one Mac OS X machine as a type of budget iMac. I call it an EeeMac. Tongue

Everything works great, with the exception of one problem. Some applications, when full screen, cause the machine to kernel panic.

XBMC, by default, starts in full screen mode. Well, BANG! Kernel panic.

It does not stay open long enough to create a userdata folder. It does not stay open long enough to allow me to use the "\" hotkey to toggle windowed mode.

I would write my own guisettings.xml but I have never taken a look at one so I do not know the full syntax - though the wiki has a great list of arguments to use.

Does anyone know of a way to start XBMC in windowed mode? Or can you share your userdata folder or guisettings.xml so I can create it manually?

Thanks go out to all of the community and devs. Superb job on a superb piece of software.
i would instead try to fix the panic. In which kext does the panic appear and which osx version are you using?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No thanks. The panic is due to a removal of AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext on 10.6.3 retail in order to get QE/CI working. I'd rather have this issue than no hardware acceleration. That's the same reason I'm not on 10.6.8.

Anyway, I just need someone's XBMC folder. Or guisettings.XML. My problem is not fixing the panic. I just need XBMC to open in windowed mode.
Okay, since nobody will share their folder, I copied mine over from my Windows install.

Now, how can I use guisettings.xml to set windowed mode to start automatically?
Smile

Well if nobody sends their advanced settings you could use yours from windows again.... AFTER you switched your win xbmc to window mode.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just fyi - i'm running 10.6.8 with QC/CE on intel x3100 gfx (patched framebuffer). But yeah - what pecinko said.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hackintosh Windowed Mode Question0