Req Upscaling algorithms with n.r.
Hi all,

most of xbmc's available upscalers like lanczos are known for very good and detailed upscaling. While this point is necessary in professional picture processing, upscaling of poor video sd material (which is more widespread all around the world than excellent hd material) to highres resolutions on >42" screens should have some noise reduction abilities.

If found this nice (interactive) article

http://pixinsight.com/doc/docs/Interpola...ithms.html

and I was wondering if some of the upscaling algorithms could be implemented.

Especially I'd like to see the Mitchell-Netravali, Bicubic B-Spline (Bourke) and Cubic B-Spline algorithms, which seem to have nice noise reduction "abilities".

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Personally, I'd rather see work put into native output in order to allow for dedicated processors to do scaling and deinterlacing. There really is no comparison between XBMC's best methods and a dedicated solution in most of todays even midrange AVR's and TV's.

With that said, if the XBMC team chooses to ignore the multiple requests for native output from a variety of users (and I respect their perogative to do so), then I'll take any of these additional methods if they will improve the overall output of non 1080p content, especially 480i/p content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upscaling algorithms with n.r.0