Linux MythTV & NFS
Question 
Hi,

In MythTV the default location for recordings is /var/lib/mythtv/recordings, I'd like to change this to an NFS share - in XBMC proper you can use NFS shares as sources for music/video libraries, you just browse the NFS Filesystem and there they are, for example:

nfs://192.168.1.10/volume1/film

But for some reason I can't see the NFS shares from the desktop/CLI. Is the NFS capability in XBMC hidden, and if so is there a way accessing it, or will I have to set-up the shares to mount on boot as I do for a standard Linux desktop?
You can install avahi and advertise the exports. Then in xbmc use the zeroconf browser
on your backend nfs mount the nfs share you want to use to record to. Add the mount point as a storage group.

xbmc nfs service does not mount the share - it has it's own internal nfs client.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Did you remember to export the shares as "insecure"?

Like in /etc/exports
/home/myshares * (async,all_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure)
(2013-03-07, 10:58)ullix Wrote: Did you remember to export the shares as "insecure"?

Like in /etc/exports
/home/myshares * (async,all_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure)
Hi, and thanks - yes, all is configured correctly.

I've no problem with NFS working on XBMC, it's just that these same shares can't be seen by the underlying system so I can't make them available to the MythTV backend.

My preferred solution is to create some mountpoints in /media and add entries to /etc/fstab

But before I do that I'll ask in the XBMC General forum, I think this is the wrong forum (not being a MythTV issue).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV & NFS0