Playback Failed
Everytime I try to play a movie file or tv show, it reults in a time out for "working...please wait" to "Playback Failed: One of more items failed to play, check the log file for details." I'm running Frodo on Apple TV2 Black... Please help... a log file is below. thank you!

http://pastebin.com/KmMifRY3
Use IP adress instead of Netbios name, and post a full log next time..
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but I'm using a netgear n600 with a external harddrive attached to the NAS, would I be able to do that with what your saying? Thanks
Yeah, instead of adding a source like this
Code:
smb://NAS/movies/
do it like this
Code:
smb://username:[email protected]/movies/

BTW: are you sure the ATV2 has permissions to access the files?
(2013-03-07, 15:59)Eliah Wrote: Yeah, instead of adding a source like this
Code:
smb://NAS/movies/
do it like this
Code:
smb://username:[email protected]/movies/

BTW: are you sure the ATV2 has permissions to access the files?

I'm not completely sure as I dont have a password set for the NAS shares. Would the IP of the NAS server be my routers IP Address then? It has always worked fine, and then I had to unplug my external to my computer in order to transfer a big lump of movies and ever since that I'm now having a problem in XBMC and through Apple TV playing any media what so ever, and that never was the problem on this harddrive. If through Apple TV i connect to my macbook to play media off of what i call a "temp" folder for recently downloaded media, that works fine.

Thanks for your patience thus far.
(2013-03-07, 15:21)Heyfrank Wrote: I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but I'm using a netgear n600 with a external harddrive attached to the NAS, would I be able to do that with what your saying? Thanks

Clear something up for me.. Are the external harddrive connected to the NAS or to the Router? Either way, it seems you need to mount your external harddrive to whatever it is connected to and setup the SMB share again Wink
(2013-03-07, 16:15)Eliah Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 15:21)Heyfrank Wrote: I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but I'm using a netgear n600 with a external harddrive attached to the NAS, would I be able to do that with what your saying? Thanks

Clear something up for me.. Are the external harddrive connected to the NAS or to the Router? Either way, it seems you need to mount your external harddrive to whatever it is connected to and setup the SMB share again Wink

The harddrive is plugged in and ready to go lol... but the Netgear N600 is a router with a NAS integrated into it, so the NAS is not separate, there for it is the router pretty much with a USB for a NAS Media Server. (http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wir...3700.aspx#)
Then log in to your router and check if the external drive is mounted and shared.. My guess is you have to "re add" it to the router after unplugging it Wink
(2013-03-07, 16:23)Eliah Wrote: Then log in to your router and check if the external drive is mounted and shared.. My guess is you have to "re add" it to the router after unplugging it Wink

It is already mounted, I can view the shares across my network on other computers, even add .nfo files if needed, any other ideas? Confused
How about re-adding the share with another name in xbmc and see if you can access it then.
Re-adding the share is my last hope, it's a 3tb harddrive and would take forever to be re scraped. I was able to unplug my router a few days back and it seemed to work as normal until today and it's back to the same issue. I've only had this problem with Frodo and not Eden...
As an update things get weirder... I started to play random movie files and some will play and most won't, it still makes me think it's a permission problem because even on my MacBook I can't open some of the videos from the nas...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Failed0