[Apple TV 2] No way to back out of Album/Movie information dialogue
Using the 13.0 Alpha nightly build (Git: 20130301-aae7f2d) but I recall this happened in 12.0 too.

From the main menu 'Videos' or 'Music' then choosing 'Files'. When highlighting a file (video) or directory (music) then pressing and holding 'Menu' on the ATV2 remote, the resulting context menu offers the option 'Album Information' for music and 'Movie Information' for videos. Selecting those options on an item not in the library and not immediately found online by the scraper brings up a dialogue box with keyboard to edit the folder and/or file name. If edits do not succeed in finding a match online I get stuck in an edit/not found loop that is impossible to back out of with the standard remote.

There's a tantalising 'X' in a box above the edit window but I can't navigate to it. Equally hitting Select/OK on the remote when the 'Cancel' option is briefly displayed and highlighted doesn't work. I have to power off/reboot to come out of it.

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong or missing something?
Or its a bug.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Should I report it as such or hang fire for further comments?
The same thing happened to me, I was in a constant loop, and had to unplug and reboot, no way to get to the X in the upper right corner. I tried for 10 minutes to get out of this, something to do with the scrapper not finding the info and you can't get to cancel, this happened on music the same way.
It's a bug. You can try to hit the "cancel" button, but you have to be very quick. :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] No way to back out of Album/Movie information dialogue0