Recommended Fan/Fans for my Antec Fusion Remote Case
Hi all,

I've recently bought an Antec Fusion Remote Case and was looking for recommendations as to what case fan or fans to purchase. I'm using an i3 2100 processor with stock fan (this doesn't sound too loud to me so happy with it), an Asus P8H61-M H61 motherboard, a couple of Samsung F1 Hard drives (I think)! I'm booting openelec from a usb stick, and using this to run couchpotato/sabnzbd/marschino. No gaming, occasional boot into windows, but that's about it. Would like to know if I need case fans, and if so how many and which ones, or if I could just get a new cpu cooler and do without the case fans. The cheaper the better! Blush
silent fans are listed in my HTPC guide
No, wait, they're in my blog Smile
the case fans on that case have a low speed setting - on some kind of switch in the cables to them if i remember - i just selected that and they are much quieter than the CPU fan
(2013-03-08, 15:02)garz Wrote: the case fans on that case have a low speed setting - on some kind of switch in the cables to them if i remember - i just selected that and they are much quieter than the CPU fan

+1. The Antec Tri-cool 80mm fans run nice and quiet on low.

If you want PWM fans, the Arctic 8 PWM fans are quiet and they allow you to daisy-chain the PWM function which is nice since you can just use one mobo header for all the PWM case fans.
I bought the case off ebay, so it didn't come with the original stock fans. I just want something very cheap and quiet enough!
(2013-03-13, 00:05)fryster Wrote: I bought the case off ebay, so it didn't come with the original stock fans. I just want something very cheap and quiet enough!
Isn't the original Antec Fusion Remote Case equipped with 2 x side-mounted 120mm? If it doesn't include case fan, this "SilenX EFX-12-15B 120mm Blue LED Effizio Quiet Case Fan" with very high CFM and very low dBA should be very good addition....

or this "ENERMAX T.B. Silence UCTB12P 120mm PWM Function Case Fan".....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have Antec 350 MicroFusion Remote in my head. That has 80mm fans. Sorry Smile.

The stock Antec 120mm Tri-cool fans set on low are very quiet. Enermax fans are great too. I have the Gelid 120mm PWM fan in my livingroom HTPC and you can't hear it at all. Hopefully you can find one of those on sale.
Thanks for the replies, I went for a couple of the Gelid 120mm's as picked them up cheap on ebay. Just another newbie question, do I have them blowing in towards the case or out away from the case! Cheers all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended Fan/Fans for my Antec Fusion Remote Case0