Acer R1600 - no HDMI video
Hi all,

Dumb newbie here...

This may sound stupid to all you "experts" but while I have experience with Media Streamers and PCs this is my first run in with an Acer Aspire R1600.

I have been using a popcornhour box and have been thinking of migrating to HTPC. So - to get my feet wet I snagged an Acer Aspire R1600 off ebay cheap.

It came yesterday and I hooked it up to my flat screen TV and checked everything out (Windows 7 Ultimate). I connected it via the HDMI. I just did a quick look around the box to make sure everything was working. I installed XBMC and tried out a few things on a "test library" I built on another server. I rebooted it a couple of times because I changed the workgroup and more or less to play.

I took it off the TV and set it aside until I could find a temporary place for it to live until I was done experimenting.

So - today I decided to run the cat5 cable and set it up so I can play with XBMC.

When I power it on my TV keeps telling me "No Signal"

I hooked up the VGA output to the PC input of the TV and the display works - but I see no setting to tell it to go to HDMI. The NVIDEA control panel only shows the VGA adapter. This is my first run-in with Window7 BTW - all my other servers are XP PRO.

So - how to I get back to HDMI? The manual I downloaded from the Acer site is useless.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks!
Ok - never mind.

I also purchased a brand new RCA HDMI cable - I was using one from my blueray player until I could get one...

Guess what - it's bad.

Swapping HDMI cables did it.

DOH (slap head here).

Now to exchange the bad one

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer R1600 - no HDMI video0