Linux Help installing XBMC Live Frodo - No Video Over HDMI
Hi All,

This is my first post to the forums so my apologies if this is a Noobish or just plain stupid question.

Last night I successfully installed XBMC Frodo via CD, however I can not get any video on my TV over HDMI, VGA seems to work fine but I really want HDMI working, It worked fine with Eden.
I also noticed that when trying to re-install Frodo, there is picture over HDMI from the install CD up until you get the option to Try or install Ubuntu, as in, there is Display over HDMI while the XBMC Loading screens are in place, but nothing after this point.

So my question is, has anyone seen this problem, or better yet, does anyone have a fix for it?

Details of my system:
XBMC 12.0 Git:fb595f2(Compiled: Jan 28 2013)
Dual Core E6500 @ 2.9GHz
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log|pastebinit
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry I'm a Linux noob so have no idea what that means.

Thankyou Nickr, You helped me fix it, in a round a bout way!

I was trying to figure out where I should type what you gave me, I assume there is a command line somewhere? and in doing so I logged out of XBMC and into XBMCBuntu, there I found Monitor settings and discovered that the problem was related to the ratio the system was trying to use (Strange as usually when a device is the wrong aspect ratio for my TV it says "Mode not supported" but it was saying "No Signal")

Long story short, I set the aspect ratio on the HDMI output to something useful and now it works... Wonde why Eden did this automatically??

Thanks again for your help! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help installing XBMC Live Frodo - No Video Over HDMI0