Win Sound issue related to XBMC + Asus xonar
Hi,
I am a long time user of XBMC and have been able to figure out most issues for myself, although this has got me stumped. I have diagnosed the issue to be related with XBMC 12 and my Asus Xonar Deluxe sound card. The issue that I experience regardless of the specified output device that the asus offers, is glitching or no sound on only a handful of movies. When I alter the sound mode back to 2.0, everything works as it should. If I try any other variation like 2.1, 5.1, 7.0, 7.1 etc the issue comes back. I thought the issue may had been related to bit streaming, but the issue still remains if it is turned on or off. The next confusing part to the story is that I cant determine why some movies have the fault and others don't. It happens on movies that are MKV and MT2S regardless of the audio stream, but like I said I have many other movies that are of the same format that don't share the same issue. I know this is an issue also related to my hardware as I have another pc connected in the same way that doesn't share this problem.

My hardware is getting old but still decent;
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Asus P5K3 Deluxe
Gigabyte ATI 6870
Asus Xonar Deluxe
2x 4g Corsair DDR3 Dominator

Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou,

Kenton.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issue related to XBMC + Asus xonar0