How to delete a video after watching it?
How can I delete a video after watching it without firstly open another file or close XBMC and then go back to delete it?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Be sure the following setting is enabled: System/Settings > Appearance > File lists > Allow file renaming and deletion

Open the context menu for the video ("c" on keyboard or right mouse click) and
  • if using the library view, select: Remove from library > Yes > Yes
  • if using file view, select: Delete > Yes
Thank you, artrafael.

<<<Be sure the following setting is enabled: System/Settings > Appearance > File lists > Allow file renaming and deletion
Yes, it is.

<<<if using file view, select: Delete > Yes
That does not work on my system, firstly I have to open another file (so, losing access to the file to be deleted), then go back to the file list, mark the file and then it is possible to delete it.
(2013-03-09, 12:08)Dirki Wrote: <<<if using file view, select: Delete > Yes
That does not work on my system, firstly I have to open another file (so, losing access to the file to be deleted), then go back to the file list, mark the file and then it is possible to delete it.

What do you mean by "have to open another file"? You select a movie from the Videos > Files list and play it. When you are done watching, the list is still displayed and the same movie should still be selected. Open its context menu and select Delete.
I can delete only one file which is XBMC played. How can I delete a whole folder containing the movie. For example, x-man bluray folder, when I hit delete, XBMC only delete the index.bdmv or object.bdmv file.
<<<What do you mean by "have to open another file"?
Yes, that I mean by that: You select a movie from the Videos > Files list and play it.

<<< When you are done watching, the list is still displayed and the same movie should still be selected. Open its context menu and select Delete.
That would be good, but it doesn't work, the files will not be deleted, it stays there, without any message.

Strange, some postings without e-mail notifications anymore.
(2013-03-26, 01:52)Dirki Wrote: <<< When you are done watching, the list is still displayed and the same movie should still be selected. Open its context menu and select Delete.
That would be good, but it doesn't work, the files will not be deleted, it stays there, without any message.

Please elaborate. Are you able to open the context menu for the video? Do you see a delete option? If you selected the delete option and the file isn't removed from the list, then examine your debug log (wiki) to see if there are any debug/error messages indicating why the file couldn't be deleted, such as a permissions issue.
<<<Please elaborate. Are you able to open the context menu for the video?
Yes, I am.

<<<Do you see a delete option?
Yes, I do.

<<If you selected the delete option and the file isn't removed from the list
Yes, it is not removed.

<<<then examine your debug log to see if there are any debug/error messages indicating why the file couldn't be deleted, such as a permissions issue.
OK, I will try to use the "Log file/Easy", if it is enough.
Don't know what "Log file/Easy" is, but you need enable debug logging in XBMC first, reproduce your problem and then look in your debug log (wiki) (<-- click this link for details).
Oops, sorry, as you gave me the link, I would have thought you know, what is written on the page coming to by clicking the link. OK, I will try it.

By the way, is there a restart button or a shortcut to restart XBMC?

OK, all done, uploaded, very good explanation there.
Hmm I think that link has changed! Try Log_file/Advanced (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, thanks, nickr,

The link seems to be right, all went well. I used the "Log file/Easy".
The debug log (wiki) link used to point to Log_file/Advanced (wiki) but now points to the intermediate page. This change only happened on 25 March, ie yesterday. Log_file/Easy (wiki) was created at the same time.

So it is no wonder that artrafael wasn't aware what you were talking about when you said you were going to use Log_file/Easy (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmmm...OK...thank you, nickr,

I am not quite sure to understand...but there must be a strange link changing its target page on a special day...I hope, all the other links here will stay the same...but I assume the log will have reached somebody...I am wondering what the solution might be for the deleting issue...

...and I am wondering, why I sometimes do not receive any e-mail notifications on new posts.
No one will be able to see your uploaded log until you post the assigned URL for that log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete a video after watching it?0