How to delete a video after watching it?
(2013-04-16, 13:34)uNiversal Wrote: Incorrect/insufficient permissions to read/write to that dir would do that.

uNi

ok, so im on win7 lokal storage. Do i need to run xbmc as admin?

-Yes that worked Smile niice
You shouldn't run anything as admin unless absolutely necessary. You need to work out if the user running XBMC has read/write permission to both the folder and the file itself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there any idea, what else I could do to enable the deleting of files just watched?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Please check out the wiki Add-on:XBMC_File_Cleaner (wiki) All the questions you ask are answered there.

uNi
You are watching the video, then pressing ESCAPE.
That will bring you to the file list but the video is still playing

Don't try to delete a movie while it is playing!
Use the menu to STOP the video or wait for the video to stop on its own, after being finished.

Try this:

restart XBMC.
Go to Videos
select the test source
select the test.avi
context menu
delete file
confirm
Many thanks for the link, uNi, good idea, I will try that add on...so, this post without a nice animal picture of your collection, OK.

Thank you, Kibje.

Quote:You are watching the video, then pressing ESCAPE.
That will bring you to the file list but the video is still playing

Don't try to delete a movie while it is playing!
Use the menu to STOP the video or wait for the video to stop on its own, after being finished.
Actually, I had tried some different variations, stopping the video, pausing, pressing ESCAPE while the video runs, pauses before I had tried to delete a video. My XBMC obviously acts the same like Windows programs do when you want to access / delete a file which is connected to a process of another program, they do not allow it. But on other machines it seems to work the way I would like it to have.

Quote:Try this:

restart XBMC.
Go to Videos
select the test source
select the test.avi
context menu
delete file
confirm
Yes, I know, that works, that is the point, it is extremely inconvenient for me deleting a file like this, restarting XBMC is not necessary, just starting another video, then delete the video last watched works also. I would like to just delete a video directly after watching, easily by pressing one or two keys or so without restarting, go to the video again to delete or start another video to delete the last video watched.

Thanks again.
Stop the video. Context menu. Delete.
Thanks for your suggestion, a good idea, nickr,

That does not work, unfortunately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete a video after watching it?0