• 10(current)
Android BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play)
It communicates directly with boblight like the xbmc plugin. Constant only works on linux I think.
Hi TeKo,

are you also planning on implementing ambience light based on the current output of the display(eg. during a movie or a game)? Lightpack (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wood...r-displays) does something like this (and they are aslo developping an android app: PRISM). Also XBMC has a boblight addon that does this but this is not working on android yet.

Would be a really nice enhancement of your app!

kind regards,
s-
You mean like the XBMC addon but working with Android devices?

That should probably be an addon and not a standalone app. Did you ask the xbmc boblight devs?

Im trying to get everything to work better with slow devices like the RPi right now.

Im thinking about removing the Light Wheel. I dont really like how it looks and I dont use it at all. Any reason to keep it?

If you are using a RPi with a lot of lights it would be great if you could test the new version (should be up in a few hours) and tell me if Mood Light and the Rainbow light are working better now.
@TeKo
what i meant is the following:
Suppose you play a video (via a android app, not necessary XBMC), then it would be nice if your app runs in the background and captures the current video output and uses this data to create ambience light (in a similar way like eg lightpack does).

I don't know whether this is easy to accomplish, but I thought it would be a really cattchy extenision for your application (which, in my opinion, is already very nice ).
Sorry no clue how that would work and if it would even be possible to grab the video.

Since I dont think its not even working with XBMC its probably near impossible with different Videoplayers.
Hello,
First of all, great work with the application.
However I'm having some problems with it. My current setup:
-112 ws2806 leds with a raspberrypi model b version 2
- No overclocking.
- SO: Occidentalis from adalight.
- Connected by wifi (although I'm having the same problems using the ethernet over a giga network)
- Boblightd dowloaded and compiled following the info from: https://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/...spberry_Pi

When I run boddroid and configure to point to my running bobglight it is connected correctly. I can change the colors using the Constant Light.
The problem arises when I try to use any of the "animated" options, it seems that "saturates" the leds and the application becomes unresponsive until it ends.
For example if i select the Rainbow Light the lights start to move, but after a (small) time the bobdroid doesn't control it, it seems that bobdroid is "blocking" the boblight daemon with soo much information. Then if i wait enough time (a lot) the leds end moving (I guess that the raspi has finished with the bobdroid stream) and I can control it again using the "constant light".
Maybe it is a blocking problem or that bobdroid saturates the network or the daemon...

Another question, Is there any way to change the brightness and saturation of the leds on the "constant light"?

Thank you in advance
Hey,
Did you try the "Slow Device" Mode in Settings?

The feedback I got so far is that it works better for the RPi.

Moving the slider to the right dims the leds.
Hello,
Yes I used the Slow Device mode.
As I said, it seems that the bobdroid is sending too much information to the raspi and the raspi is not "faster" enough processing it.
Could be a refresh problem?
Yes thats why the Slow Device Mode sends a lot less updates.

I guess I could slow it down even more in the next update.
Maybe you can extract it to an "advanced" parameter (the refresh frecuency)
That could help you to debug it.

As the leds work right with an xbmc and a movie, the problem seems to be on the BobDroid side, maybe there exist a way to cut the "updates" so it is more responsive to the user interactions.
Thats pretty much what the speed slider does.
Just a small pause after the color changed.
Hello,
The problem is that the raspi seems to be "buffering" all the data, so until the buffer is empty it doesn't respond to new interactions.
About 5 seconds of "rainbow" on bobdroid last about 1-2 minutes on the raspi...
Hello, just a little feedback:
I've just made a fresh installation of raspbian and boblight, and It is the same, the buffer is filled quickly, also the rainbow mode is flicking a lot. The only mode usable is the constant light and it also flicks randomly
Hi,

I like the app very much so far. It looks good and runs smoothly on my atrix.
I do have a featur request though Smile Would it be possible for you to allow for direct rgb input? Another app I use gives me colors of pictures in rgb (e.g. 128,0,0) and it would be nice to be able to use those in bobdroid.

Thanks!
Im busy with something else till the end of the month but after that I could add a field for hex/rgb colors to the color picker of the Light Board if thats what you mean with direkt rgb input.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play)3