Another stupid is XIOS right for me post
This is yet another stupid is XIOS right for me post. I have read the last 10 pages back worth of stuff and read first 4 pages worth of search results for XIOS so im 99% sure but since money is limited need to make right choice.

Have been running 3 xbox 1 streaming xvid,mp3,x264,vob from my media server via windows share for the last 10 years or so with limited issues. Starting to run into hardware issues like cpu fan dying on my mother board version 1.0 xbox harddrive dieing on another. xbox dvd remote having issues. So its time to make an upgrade.

My main TV is a 42in visio 720p no extra speakers or anything.
So 5.1 or dts means nothing to me.

My main goals are
#1 stream xvid,divx,vob, x264SD, 720p x264, mp3 all from a windows share
#2 cheap got less then $150 for this
#3 low power
#4 easy to use(wife has to be able to turn it on and play stuff)
xios sounds perfect for your needs....
The pivos does all of those things easily, and requires minimal installation. The remote is crap, so a harmony would be recommended.

You could also try a raspberry Pi. The openELEC purists may scoff, but raspbmc is pretty good at this point and is easy to install. A few caveats though, the Pi can only run basic skins, you need to install to USB if you want to overclock without corrupting the OS, and it's very sensitive to insufficient power so buy adafruits USB power supply.

You could also wait 2 months for an Ouya, which will be 100 bucks, and runs even heavy skins due to its overclocked Tegra 3.

I'm sure Pivos are looking at replacements for the the Xios too, it's been almost a year since the Xios was announced, that's an eternity in consumer electronics time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another stupid is XIOS right for me post0