ASRock FM2A75M-ITX bites the dust!
Right ... I purchased an FM2A75M-ITX in December, and another (for another pc) in Jan .... the 2nd one just died whilst simply sitting in the bios.

From what I've read online ... and form the smell the VRMs were making ... this is a known issue with these boards - so I should really get them replaced with something else.

I have no aversion to ASRock - I've had way more expensive brands die on me to be bothered anymore ... so as long as they sorted the issue out I'm fine.

Can anyone comment on the following FM2 ITX options?

1. MSI A75IA-E53 - no heatsink on VRMs thou'.
2. ASRock FM2A85X-ITX - this one has the better chipset (not that i'm bothered) and a heatsink on the VRMs
3. ASRock FM2A75M-ITX R2.0 - just noticed a rev. 2 of this board on their site ... the images are just doctored rev 1 images thou ... so can't be sure what they changed - only thing i can spot is the lack of DDR3-2600 support.

Any ideas ppl!?
anyone?
had the same problems with my ASRock board. CAn't comment on any of those ones. I had been trying to get an MSI for awhile and they weren't in stock. I ended up going with a Zotac board which seems difficult to find these days, but I have had 0 issues with it and it works great.
I've built probably a half dozen or so FM2 builds with the MSI and they've all been fine. If you want a replacement FM2A75M-ITX I have a couple of them Smile.
(2013-03-11, 22:00)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I've built probably a half dozen or so FM2 builds with the MSI and they've all been fine. If you want a replacement FM2A75M-ITX I have a couple of them Smile.

The supplier i got the boards from has the msi ... I'll be sending the faulty one back and will try to get an msi instead ... not too sure what to do with the one that's still ok thou'. I guess i'll keep on using it normally and will see.
Yeah, I remember reading about this board. http://www.overclock.net/t/1337304/asroc...board-fire

Wish I could help with a replacement option. I ended up going with an Intel CPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock FM2A75M-ITX bites the dust!0