Req Load multiple channel groups, but not all channels
Hi,

first of all, XBMC with Mediaportal backend works very fine in my case, basically.
One thing would be great to be optimized:
I have about 1200 DVB-S channels in the backend, but of course I need only a few of them, and they are separated into 5 channel groups.
When starting XBMC, it takes about 20-30 seconds to load the full channel list that I don't really need.

XBMC lets me choose 1 channel group to be loaded, but not multiple ones, so I have to load all channels.
I could simply delete the channels in the backend, but I think this is not the best way for future channel scans (you have to delete all unneeded channels again and again).

Is there another way to load multiple TV channel groups?

Thank you
That I know of... there isn't a way of adding multiple channel groups. You could request the feature in the development area rather than support.
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136

But why not remove some groups directly in the MediaPortal TV Config app? You can make a backup of your channels/ groups there first and then remove the ones you don't need. Its not perfect but at the moment at least it would be the one way I can think of.
-----------------------------------
Front End: Asrock ION 3D running OpenElec - Backend: Dedicated server Running Ubuntu with TBS 6981 DVB-S2 USB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Load multiple channel groups, but not all channels0