Win Really not copy / paste possible in UI?
Sabnzbd+ API Key (ARGH!) Wink
There's already code in place to do this - it just doesn't work and/or isn't hooked up on all platforms. See guilib/GUIEditControl.cpp

Patches most welcome to fix it!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you're saying that there is no need for copy-pasting?

then please tell me how one is supposed to add this show in a normal english environment: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=147411&lid=24

I just tried creating a directory with the name חטופים
well...... apparently XBMC can't display hebrew charset
It's a shame you guys can't just add it.* How hard can that be? I should not assume, but I can't imagine this being incredibly complicated or time consuming to implement. And as a result of it, you'll have HUNDREDS, maybe even thousands of people (over time), thankful and happy to have this basic OS function possible in XBMC software. Smile

(*) Like ok, I see it's been half added, but I can tell you it's not working on windows. (the main HTPC OS platform, if I'm correct...) :-(
Who says no one is working on it? Devs can't work on every project at once, but that does not mean they have no plans for it. They might also be working in their own github repo or offline on the code before telling others about it.

And no, Windows is not the main HTPC platform.
+1 for this feature from me. Many a time I've been in Explorer and had a long path name copied, just wanting to paste it into XBMC... only to find I have to go through the structure again clicking directory, by directory. Copy/Paste would be a welcome add on from me, a user of a small keyboard with built in track pad. I find that much better to use than a remote.

Thanks,
J
(2013-05-31, 08:56)Ned Scott Wrote: And no, Windows is not the main HTPC platform.

Really? what is? :S Linux? (and if so, is it because of Rasberry Pi or something)? :S O.o
(2013-06-04, 04:28)thwap Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 08:56)Ned Scott Wrote: And no, Windows is not the main HTPC platform.

Really? what is? :S Linux? (and if so, is it because of Rasberry Pi or something)? :S O.o

Uhm yes it is. Largest percentage is windows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
+1
The password use case is ALWAYS frustrating me.
Facebook, Flickr, Trakt, etc etc... each time I configure a module... I need to type it in by hand.
Unless someone else has a more manual way to do this in the filesystem?
=========================
XBMC Frodo v12.2
Win7 x64
Core i5 3.3GHz
GeForce GTX 580
8 GB RAM
=========================
(2013-06-04, 07:22)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 04:28)thwap Wrote:

Uhm yes it is. Largest percentage is windows

Demand doesn't always dictate support and development. The point being, Team XBMC doesn't pick favorites among the platforms. Individuals on the Team might like one more than the other, but the Team as a whole tries to be un-biased. Besides, I'm fairly certain that there's more linux users on the Team than any other specific platform, though many of the devs consider themselves multi-platform,
I haven't been able to get the official XBMC remote app to send text, so I'm using another workaround. The Unified Remote for Android has a profile just for XBMC. It has another profile to send text. I copy the text I want, usually from the LastPass app, then send it to XBMC via Unified Remote's Send Text profile.
i try not to get sucked into comment threads when i see this but this kinda thing really bothers me. Cmon man... I'm trying to add a feed now and could really benefit from this feature. I code myself and know the rectal haemorrhage things can give us, BUTT, this looks like a couple lines at best. I chimed in because if i was coding this FIX, damn right I'd CUT/PASTE some opsorce strings to write it.

times we need cut n paste in frodo/gotham...
putting in source strings for repos
putting in HTML links for content
putting in .strm content from video content
passwords on a plethora of addons

do you need some more, cuz i can keep listing em'? Huh
(2014-02-25, 00:56)buxtor Wrote: i try not to get sucked into comment threads when i see this but this kinda thing really bothers me. Cmon man... I'm trying to add a feed now and could really benefit from this feature. I code myself and know the rectal haemorrhage things can give us, BUTT, this looks like a couple lines at best. I chimed in because if i was coding this FIX, damn right I'd CUT/PASTE some opsorce strings to write it.

times we need cut n paste in frodo/gotham...
putting in source strings for repos
putting in HTML links for content
putting in .strm content from video content
passwords on a plethora of addons

do you need some more, cuz i can keep listing em'? Huh

So code it yourself. No windows dev wants to work on this at this time. They are volunteers who do this in their free time and for fun, and you don't get to demand things from them. iOS and OSX have this in XBMC, so it's not like anyone is trying to stop it from being added to XBMC.
I would also like to be able to c/p in xbmc/linux. I am using a Dinovo Edge as a remote, so i have full keyboard and mouse. I watch soccer online using acestream via wiziwig.tv and just refering the website to xbmc doesnt work, the second option is to copy the acestream link and paste it somewhere... But that doesnt seem to work as well... Maybe i am going about it all wrong, so if i am please tell me... So, devs, if you can find the time to implement this feature it would be greatly appreciated...

T.I.A.
I also have super crazy 32 character mixed case passwords and figured out
a fairly simple solution which is possible due to the (new to me)
PyUserInput module available @ https://github.com/SavinaRoja/PyUserInput

The best aspect of it is that it's pure python on OSX, unsure about Windows - but
I didn't see any C when I was cloning it so it might work for you..

With that I wrote a dumb little script that takes one line of stdin and then taps it
out at sub-superhuman speed

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import sys, time
from pykeyboard import PyKeyboard

k = PyKeyboard()

for x in sys.stdin.readline():
        time.sleep(.02)
        k.tap_key(x)

Then, on my remote desktop I put the password into my paste buffer and run

pbpaste | ssh -tt user@HOST 'cat | ./slow_typer' 2>/dev/null

Unsure if the 'cat' is needed, but it's a goofy setup since you're not really opening
a TTY. You could just as easily have an interactive SSH session to the host and
just run './typer' and paste your buffer into it and hit enter. *shrug*

Whee. Now I can make the sabnzbd plugin stop popping up because I don't want to type
in the API key.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really not copy / paste possible in UI?0