No sound on .mkv files after playing one file. Windows 8, XBMC 12.
Hey Smile

So I just installed XBMC on my HTPC / NAS and all works "well"

After playing one file (with fresh profile/settings) then the next file have no sound.. Playing the first file again, and still no sound.

NOTE: This is only for HD files.. SD files plays fine Sad

I have tried creating new profiles, reinstalling, rebooting etc. etc. all with the same result :/

Have also tried every option in System --> Audio... And the sound works because I can hear it when scrolling in the menu.

Hardware:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H
Core i7-3770
16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7950 Overclocked, 3 GB GDDR5

Hope you understand what I mean Smile
If you connected your AMD directly to HDTV, you need to configure Frodo audio output as shown below (you can try analog and directsound too). You can find other Frodo screenshots in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Sorry for the late reply.

All of the sudden (no idea how) I could see WASAPI again (could not before) so its okay again... No idea what was going on, thx anyway!
(2013-03-13, 11:53)vooze Wrote: All of the sudden (no idea how) I could see WASAPI again (could not before) so its okay again... No idea what was going on, thx anyway!
What is your question?
(2013-03-11, 15:54)bluray Wrote: If you connected your AMD directly to HDTV, you need to configure Frodo audio output as shown below (you can try analog and directsound too). You can find other Frodo screenshots in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Thank you!
Bluray,
Thanks! it works as a charm! Smile
I have this issue too. I have an Intel i3 NUC with openelec, connected to a HDTV with amp and 5.1. Which settings should I use?
(2014-04-07, 16:21)King Krish Wrote: I have this issue too. I have an Intel i3 NUC with openelec, connected to a HDTV with amp and 5.1. Which settings should I use?
I have no clue how to setup OpenElec. You might want to create a new post in Linux/OpenElec to get help....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound on .mkv files after playing one file. Windows 8, XBMC 12.0