Anyone know EDID stuff..?
I got the Moninfo stuff but I had a question(s) for anyone who's used the EDID tool to create a new monitor.inf file..

My setup is as follows
HTPC -> HDMI -> Sony STR-DG820 -> Samsung ES7100

Connected HDMI to receiver with TV on -> collected info from Moninfo program
Connected HDMI to receiver (TV off) - > using vnc, collected info for Moninfo program..

Changed the modeline [0] - with the information collected from Moninfo with TV ON (connected to receiver)
Changed the modeline [1] - with info collected from TV off, just the receiver on

Now problem I am having is sometimes when I exit XBMC the computer seems to lose connection to TV.

Should I hook up the HTPC directly to the TV and grab the EDID information? Or the way i did it should work??

Appreciate any input...
punting this one.. It doesn't matter if you don't have the TV or amplifier. Just would like to know how you collected your edid information for making sure your TV/amplifier work correctly with XBMC.
For anyone who has delved into this.. Forget the EDID stuff. Use the generic pnp monitor setup and then just make sure your audio output settings are set appropriately. In my case the only thing selected is HDMI, 5.1 and LPCM. Everything works no matter what audio. I guess I was expecting my receiver to see AC3, TrueHD lights come on but that doesn't seem to be the way things work. The EDID stuff I did would not honour all the resolutions my screen supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone know EDID stuff..?0