TV Headend webclient
Help please,

I am in the process of trying to configure tvheadend to work on my raspberry Pi with XBMC. I have installed the USB DVB adapter, and was in the process of trying to get the channels configured. However, I accessed the webclient over port 9981, and changed the password of the default user. I logged out, and tried to log back in, and it will not recognise the password, so I am unable to access it.

I have tried to change the password in the add on configuration on the raspberry pi, and restarted the Pi, and cleared the history on IE and tried to log in again, but it still doesn't recognise it.

Is there anyway to restore defaults on the tvheadend client, as I am really stuck at the moment.

Any advice would be very gratefully received?

Thanks

Dan
Superuser password is stored in a text file in the tvheadend config directory. Su to hts or root and you can read it and/or change it.
Thanks very much for this, very helpful.

Just one further question, do I have to ssh to find this config file, or can I browse to this using my desktop, I can get to the standard config files, but can't see any TVheadend config files in there?

Thanks again.
I was running Openelec on the raspberry pi with tvheadend. Dead easy and quick to setup

I did exactly the same as you and somehow set a dodgy password. start tvheadend from the command line with -C and it will create a default user and blank password as at startup and you should then be back in and can delete any other bogus users if you like

The only gotcha I found was that when I restarted I couldnt get in again! Tracked it down to tvheadend reading the config file from somewhere else and there were two config files on the system. Bizarrely I think it wrote the defaults to one and read from another but I cant be definite. Sorry cant remember the file locations and am not near my pi
Thanks! I'll give that a go tonight. I have found the config files, and changed the password in access control, this hasn't worked, but I've been doing that remotely, so I'll try and SSH to it tonight, and start from the cmd line.
Ok, this is really getting confusing.

I have tried starting TVheadend from the command line with no luck. I have also found the config file here -

\\MY_IP\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.hts-tvheadend\accesscontrol

And there is a text file in there called 3 and I have changed the password in here to -

{
"enabled": 0,
"username": "my username",
"password": "My password",
"comment": "New entry",
"prefix": "0.0.0.0/0",
"streaming": 0,
"dvr": 0,
"dvrallcfg": 0,
"webui": 0,
"admin": 0,
"id": "3"
}

Can anyone see anything obvious that I am missing, any help would be gratefully appreciated, I am very confused.

Thanks
Try this...

Code:
hts@testsystem:~/.hts/tvheadend$ more superuser
{
"username": "xbmc",
"password": "xbmc"
}

and create a rule in accesscontrol (edit one of the existing ones or create a new one with the next nunber):

Code:
hts@testsystem:~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol$ more 1
{
        "enabled": 1,
        "username": "xbmc",
        "password": "xbmc",
        "comment": "New entry ",
        "prefix": "0.0.0.0/0",
        "streaming": 1,
        "dvr": 1,
        "dvrallcfg": 1,
        "webui": 1,
        "admin": 1,
        "id": "1"
}

That'll give you an account "xbmc", password "xbmc", with complete access to everything from everywhere. A bit blunt, but...!
Thanks, I'll give that a go tonight, much appreciated.
The only other thing I'd add is an explanation - each access control rule in the webUI gets its own accesscontrol file, so the fact that you have one called "3" means that this was your original third rule. You should also have one called "1" and "2", therefore, but you may have deleted those rules.

The only real relevance is that the "if" field should match the rule number, i.e. your file 3 has "id": "3", my file 1 has "id": "1".

I think the major gotcha in your file is that the user has effectively no permissions, since everything from "streaming" to "admin" is set to 0 - plus the access rule is disabled, just to rub salt into the wound ("enabled": 0)
Hi,

That's worked, thanks very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Headend webclient0