ReClock Audio Renderer, for clock sync?
this would be an excellent feature to include as part of xbmc ... this directshow filter resamples audio to change the fps of a video file. absolute gem for cleaning up the playback of ntsc video streams on any file i've opened, its probably the best filter ive ever got my hands on Smile

from the author's website:
=============
the purpose of reclock is to definitely get rid of jerky playback of avi and mpeg material on a pc (or a pc connected to a tv). it's a directshow filter which is loaded in place of the default directsound audio renderer.
it provides a new reference clock that is locked to the video card hardware clock, in order to ensure that frames are played at the exact speed of what is expected by the video card vertical sync.
it also provides a frame rate adaptator for media files that do not match a multiple of the video card refresh rate (ex: playback of 23,976fps ivtc ntsc on a pal tv).
finally it is an audio renderer with hardware or software rate adaptation in real-time, multi-channel audio, and dynamic range compression capabilities.
for a full description of reclock, please read carefully the readme file in the distribution. there is also a little faq at the bottom of the page that answers common questions.
====================

no licensing information but since it is a not-for-profit application i'd say it's open source - definitely worth contacting the author about it Smile

http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
problem i think is that we need the mplayer and/or xine developers to implement the code into their engine first Huh

see fr: 817660 for some more info http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi,

maybe this was already discussed here. i've noticed a jerky videoplayback (not that smooth playback, feels like 1-2 frames are missing randomly) which i thought was related to the 23.976fps frame adjustment, but even with that option turned on that problem does not go away.
i did a little search on the web and i found this page:
http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
here is a description of the root of the couse and a small directshow filter which suppose to reduce this problem.
is it possible to incorporate this thing somehow to xbmc?

thanks, and thanks also for this great piece of soft (xbmc).
regards,
erix

ps: i'm so sorry, this was meant to the improvement suggestions forum. please move it there.
erix
yeah i've noticed a lot of jerkyness also. this might be due to their new audio sync engine, something like reclock could take care of both problems . question is whether or not the xbox video hardware has the same video clock functionality that a reclock type program needs.
using what sources from cvs?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

many divx files are jerky when using 2004-02-12. i don't think it's because i'm using smb shares or anything. there aren't any dropped frames either, this behavior is very noticible in clips that are panning. i'm not a home right now to try this out but here's a clip that should exhibit the behavior. panning scene.
have you enabled pal60..?  i find that it is more jurky with it not enabled..
thanks for the replies.
i was using also 2004-02-12 cvs build and as dr_colossus said it is noticable in slow panning scenes. i was trying framrate adjust so far, not helped. i'm not sure about that pal60, i will check it after i got home from the work (but i vaguely remember to setting it).
i had pal60 set in settings->general. by setting and unsetting the pal60 does not have any noticable effect on that previosly posted panning scene avi (it looks jerky in both cases).
then i've noticed that even though the pal60 is set on the system information page it's written that it's pal 16:9 50hz.
i've watched the clip using both my pc and latest xbmc cvs source, result is same, no jerkyness Image

erix:

system info page shows the resolution that the xbmc gui is running in.

pal60 will be used while a video is playing fullscreen. you should easily be able to tell when it switches. note that by pressing the y button (or is it white, black or start - i can never remember!Wink you will get the resolution info that xbmc is using at the time. (it's the button used to change between normal->zoom->stretch modes.)

hope this helps.

Rainbow 
fyi, i e-mailed ogo (more than once) asking for the reclock source code but no reply, even posted here (link) again without reply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReClock Audio Renderer, for clock sync?0