integrate bbc.py into xbmc shares
i use the bbc.py script to listen to shows on radio1 that i have missed.
not sure if many of you are familiar with the script but i'd like to be able to add the list of shows from radio1 to the shares in my music so that i can listen directly through xbmc player and record to mp3 at the same time.
(much in the same way as the shoutcast top 500)

is this possible and how would i go about it as my previous attempts have failed miserably!
it is possible and the easiest way i have found is to use firefox browser.

on your pc, open firefox and start listening to the stream you want, eg chris moyles monday stream.

right click on the page and select "view page info"

click on the media tab and look for to link to the rpm eg :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows/rpm...es_mon.rpm

highlight this and click the save as button.

save this file into one of your shares but rename it so the extention is .strm

and it should now play.

repeat this for all other shows you want

hope this helps.

if for some reason you don't have the view page info option you may have to install the web developers plugin.. cannot remember if that option is part of that or not.

lb
are you using an up to date build of the cvs cos last time i tried to play any streams from the bbc they became garbled after a few seconds/minutes... i asked the devs about it and its a bug with mplayer not xbmc and has already been reported to them.... i only ask as the last build i compiled (a couple of days ago) still could not play the streams.... just curious.
thanks for the info lostboy but i still cant get it working?

in your post you gave the following link as an example after looking at the page info in firefox -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows/rpm...es_mon.rpm

when i look at the page info the links do not look like this,they don't seem to give a direct link to the .rpm file?

when i add it to the shares as it is shown on the site nothin happens?
:bump:
i would also be interested in doing this.

on a separate issue with the bbc.py script - it all works perfectly apart from listening live to radio 2... for some reason it won't connect to the server at all.

does anyone else have this problem?

thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
integrate bbc.py into xbmc shares0