Scanning all multimedia folder
Hi everybody!

XBMC (Eden) is scanning all my multimediafolder on my QNAPTS-269 Pro but i have only added subfolders in the multimediafolder. XBMC was actually scanning my multimediafolder directly when it was installed on my QNAP before i even added any folders at all. This causes a great mess in XBMC with many files that do not belong there at all. Does anyone know the reason for this strange behavior. Some kind if network issue or am I doing something wrong? I have asked the same question in QNAP-forum unsuccessfully. Thanks in advance!
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

XBMC wouldn't know the "multimediafolder" folder even exists unless you had designated it as an XBMC source. If so, did you also assign a media scraper to this folder?
  1. If a bunch of stuff from that folder got scanned into the library (i.e., you can see it listed in Library view), you need to clear these items from the folder. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
    1. VIDEOS > Files and highlight the "multimediafolder" entry
    2. Open its context menu (keyboard "c" or right mouse click)
    3. Select "Change content"
    4. Change content type to "None" and save the change
    5. Respond "Yes" when prompted to remove items from library. If also prompted to delete files, respond "No".
  2. Remove "multimediafolder" as an XBMC source. Do this whether or not you had to do the step above.
    1. VIDEOS > Files and highlight the "multimediafolder" entry
    2. Open its context menu
    3. Select "Remove source" and confirm removal and unassign content
Now, you can designate the desired subfolder(s) of "multimediafolder" as XBMC source(s) and assign the appropriate scraper(s).
Thanks for your reply. As soon as i know what a debug is i will try to deliver one to you.
For some reason XBMC really know that the folder "multimedia" exist. Just a few minutes ago i tested and put a mp3 musicfile in the root of the folder "multimedia". After that i switched XBMC off and on again and checked the Library view in MUSIC and i can really find the file there. And a dubbelcheck confirms that the only designated folder is "Music" which is a subfolder on "Multimedia" . And as i wrote XBMC was actually scanning media directly when it was installed on my QNAP before I even designated any folders..
What might be the problem? Some kind of network issue? Internal problems with my QNAP? I have mediaservers running on my QNAP, can they interfere in some way?
Thanks for all your effort!
(2013-03-13, 00:10)kyrd Wrote: Thanks for your reply. As soon as i know what a debug is i will try to deliver one to you.

Click the link in nickr's post above. Please upload the contents of your debug log to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply.
the contents of your sources.xml file may also be helpful.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank for your reply. I will upload the debug log and Sources xml as soon as possible
Can someone please tell me where to find debug.log and Sources.xml on my QNAP. I am using WinSCP.
They are on your xbmc machine. (At least I assume you aren't actually running xbmc on your qnap??)
O yes I am running XBMC on my QNAP. A pretty new feature on the software.
http://www.qnap.com/hdstation/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning all multimedia folder0