Linux Duplicate Music and differing artists
I know this question has been asked many times, but I'm going to ask it again. I've done lots of googling and tried to follow other peoples advice, but none has worked for me. I've got some music for example "The Prodigy" which also come under the name "Prodigy" and also when I rip one of their singles; "Smack my B!tch up", XBMC thought the album artist was "Various Artists" probably due to colaboration with other artisits.

I want to change them all to "Prodigy"?

Secondly a couple of my albums are all in CAPITALS. I want to change this to Proper Text.

All my music is on a samba NAS, I tried using Rythmbox to edit the names, which didn't work.
I tried exporting the library xml and renaming some of the enteries then re-importing, also didn't work.
I tried downloading picard and updated all the ID3 tags, but I couldn't get them to save. It just came up with red stop signs.

I can't remember exactly what happend but I did fix one of the problems however, I rip another CD re-scaned the folder and now I have duplicates!

What is the simplest way to manage my library, preferable from an external computer, I like ripping them in XBMC as 95% rip exactly the way I want. I just need a good method to adjust the other 5%.

Suggestions anyone?
Linux 3.5.0-22-generic
Ubuntu 12.10 - XBMCbuntu quantal
Skin: Aeon Nox
CPU: Intel Celeron G1610 2.60GHz
GPU: Enhanced Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000
RAM: 2GB
SSD: 32GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Music and differing artists0