xbmc mount/launch an ISO
I have a Zotac AD12 for my HTPC running XBMC Frodo. I have some older pc games I would like to play on it. Since I do not have any sort of optical drive on this machine, I have to create an ISO of these games. I will use a virtual cd rom drive to mount the iso.

Is there a way that I can have XBMC mount a particular image and then launch the program? If the program is installed I would set up something with ALA, but I don't think I can have that mount an image.
(2013-03-13, 04:08)bc320 Wrote: I have a Zotac AD12 for my HTPC running XBMC Frodo. I have some older pc games I would like to play on it. Since I do not have any sort of optical drive on this machine, I have to create an ISO of these games. I will use a virtual cd rom drive to mount the iso.

Is there a way that I can have XBMC mount a particular image and then launch the program? If the program is installed I would set up something with ALA, but I don't think I can have that mount an image.
You can create a .bat script that will be using Daemon Tools and that will mount the right ISO file before starting an application and then umount the ISO file once the application is closed. Here is an example of such .bat script : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7
(2013-03-13, 04:08)bc320 Wrote: I have a Zotac AD12 for my HTPC running XBMC Frodo. I have some older pc games I would like to play on it. Since I do not have any sort of optical drive on this machine, I have to create an ISO of these games. I will use a virtual cd rom drive to mount the iso.

You can create external player for it- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-03-13, 05:00)bluray Wrote:

You can create external player for it- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup....
But how it will start the executable file?
(2013-03-13, 13:57)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 05:00)bluray Wrote:

What executable file?
(2013-03-13, 19:04)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 13:57)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 05:00)bluray Wrote: You can create external player for it- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup....
What executable file?
Uh.... seems that bc320 want to play PC games on ISO files... so it will need to execute it. How an External video player will help him? Wink
(2013-03-13, 19:47)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 19:04)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 13:57)Angelscry Wrote: But how it will start the executable file?
What executable file?
Uh.... seems that bc320 want to play PC games on ISO files... so it will need to execute it. How an External video player will help him? Wink
With the proper .xml and .bat codes for Frodo external player, it will mount and select the correct player for his ISO game.....the codes are available on the link I posted above, and it can be modified to include any his choice of player....

It may work or not work, but the only way to find out is to try it....
Angelscry is right, I want to run the .exe file after it mounts the game. some games autorun, but not all.

Angelscry, I assume I want to write that code for every iso file, correct? Then I have a separate launcher for every game. Just making sure. I have to get my hands on a PS3 controller before I do this. (thought the xbox 360 one would work, but not without the adapter)
[quote='bc320' pid='1365256' dateline='1363221800']
Angelscry is right, I want to run the .exe file after it mounts the game. some games autorun, but not all.

Angelscry, I assume I want to write that code for every iso file, correct? Then I have a separate launcher for every game. Just making sure. I have to get my hands on a PS3 controller before I do this. (thought the xbox 360 one would work, but not without the adapter)
/quote]Yes, you will need to write/create a .bat script for each launcher. Because the ISO file name and the executable file name will be surely different for each game.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc mount/launch an ISO0