myth tv on mac
i currently have two mac minis, a late 2012 model and a 2011 2.3mhz i5 with 8gb of memory.

i have pctv's 460e and 290e , also a hauppage wintv nova hd (model 139).

i tried using the late 2012 mac on ubuntu as a combined mythv backend with xbmc fronted running on ubuntu, but i had all sorts of problems finding a kernel that could run a hacked ethernet driver and give me hd-audio passthrough with the intel hd-4000 in that unit, so only ever got as far as ubuntu on that effort.

my other mac mini is a filemaker server for my brother so i can't touch the underlying operating system, but i can bolt on myth tv for mac and then not have to worry about issues with hd-audio and ethernet drivers and so on.

anybody here know whether mac version of mythtv will fly with the tuners i have ?

the late 2012 mac mini is bootcamped with windows 7 to give me hd-audio passthrough and is the main frontend for my media system.
Mythtv-users mailing list
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-03-15, 22:26)nickr Wrote: Mythtv-users mailing list

cool, i just subscribed.

thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
myth tv on mac0