[Windows 8] Media Smart, uPnP remote
I've been playing around a bit with the XBMC uPNP functionality lately and created an app which is not really XBMC specific but brings some features to the Win8 platform which I haven't really found when looking around.
It doesn't use the Json API at all but the uPNP features. Just enable the uPNP Sharing and allow Control via uPNP and you are able to browse the library and play files on xbmc or on other instances of XBMC, SmartTV, WDTV or anything else that supports uPNP. But, the neat thing is that you can do local playback on your device as well, MKV and ISO not supported even though I'm working on MKV support.

Don't know if anyone finds any need for this app but anyhow wanted to let you know that it's out there.
Download link: media smart

A new version, which adds a MovieDetails view is now available in store.
I will test it Big Grin
A new version was released today. Smile
It includes a new view for tvshows, fanart for items on XBMC servers (Movies and TV shows) and some minor bugfixes.
I like it but need to play playlist from server to receiver. It allows me to play one song from a playlist but stops when that song has ended. Also allow to scramble or repeat to receiver from server

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] Media Smart, uPnP remote0