Android How to setup XBMC remote
Hey guys I'm living in a student house which has a somewhat difficult network setup. The hardware running XMBC is connected via cable, while my phone is (obviously) wireless and connects to 1 of 2 possible networks. Basically here's how it works.

First: Internet router with wireless network 1
Second: router connected to first router by cable with wireless network 2 (not sure about it's settings)
third: switch connected to the second router by cable. My pc is connected by cable with this switch.

So when I connect to wireless network 1 or 2, how can I make sure XBMC is found and connect? Most often it will be the first, but I'm quite between the two so it depends to which I'm connected. I've tried entering the ip etc, but to no avail.

thnx!
Hi LinkeLoutje,

as far as i understand, your network setup shoud be like this:

internet <----> router 1 <----> router 2 <----> switch <----> xbmc

If you connect with your smartphone to the second router, it should definitly work to use your smartphone as a remote.
Actually, if both routers are in same ip range, it doesn`t matters to which of those you connecting.

But first, are you sure you have enabled the remote interface via xbmc-settings? If the remote interface option is not enabled, your smartphone couldn`t reach xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup XBMC remote0