Bug MKV with styled ASS subtitles
Is there any way that work well with the subtitle style ass?
Currently malfunction, do not sync well :S

Sorry for the English translator of google, only speak in spanish :/
Which version of XBMC are you using: OpenELEC, Raspbmc, Xbian?

Have you tried this custom version of OpenELEC which contains numerous additional patches, including some related to subtitles?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Openelec, Raspbmc, Openelec by Rbej...
I'm having this problem as well. I first began having it with Openelec build 13495 on March 8th, and have had it with every version since including RC5 and the final 3.0 release. Opelec RC4 and Xbian Alpha 5 have perfectly synced subtitles in my case, but Xbian began having the issue after I applied the 12.1 update as well.
I just tested the latest Rasbmc today and it has similar ASS sync issues to the latest Openelec and Xbian builds. I tested the latest rbej build and it retains the issue as well. Is there anyone that confirm that they are not having this issue? All I have hooked up to my model B is an RF mouse/keyboard receiver and an IR receiver hooked up to the GPIO pins on 5v. Each of the mentioned distros have the issue at first boot after configuring my smb share.
Can you post xbmc debug logs?
Sorry for the delay. It was a very busy week at work. Here is xbmc.log from a fresh install of Openelec 3.0. Would any other logs be helpful? Perhaps a log using identical steps with Openelec build 13490 which doesn't have this problem?

Edit: Here's a cleaner log with a minimum number of steps necessary to start playing a video with the subtitle sync problem starting immediately after playback. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10108
Bump because I have been having issues as well.

Mine is usually .5 second delay. Not THAT big of a deal because you can adjust it anyway but still, a bug's a bug.
I also see this problem across all ASS subtitles. It can be adjusted, but there is definitely a delay of more than a second.
Also I tried deactivating ASS and overriding it with regular subtitles, and that unfortunately did not work.
The issue is still around with external and hardcoded subs.

adjusting the timing does not fix this!

the reason being is that the subtitles appear on time, and then late.
They also seem to stay on longer, then the next sentence is very short.
It is very random and this has been an issue ever since they first attempted to "fix" subtitles so it would not lag the system
If anyone wants to provide some example titles (just say the show, the episode, and the release group. No links, I'll find them), I'll do some additional testing. I haven't noticed much with the few shows I tried on the R-Pi, outside of the almost-consistant .5 delay.

So say an example, and then describe the issues, if timing issues if the timing is consistently off, or varies, etc.
(2013-05-28, 02:20)dragonash Wrote: The issue is still around with external and hardcoded subs.

adjusting the timing does not fix this!

the reason being is that the subtitles appear on time, and then late.
They also seem to stay on longer, then the next sentence is very short.
It is very random and this has been an issue ever since they first attempted to "fix" subtitles so it would not lag the system
Why are you shouting?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-28, 02:37)Ned Scott Wrote: If anyone wants to provide some example titles (just say the show, the episode, and the release group. No links, I'll find them), I'll do some additional testing. I haven't noticed much with the few shows I tried on the R-Pi, outside of the almost-consistant .5 delay.

So say an example, and then describe the issues, if timing issues if the timing is consistently off, or varies, etc.

Hey Ned.

try Shingeki no Kyojin (attack on titan) from gg fansubs or commie. I use 720p (careful, lots of them do Hi10p)
http://baka-updates.com Wink

Happens with Naruto and Campione. (those are the ones i have watched in the past)

Shingeki is most current with ep 7.

All these shows appear perfect on my computer.
Subs directly from GG and Commie are all Hi10P. Still, if the issue is just in the sub-track, I might be able to reproduce this by extracting the ssa subs and trying them in another file. Will let you know what I find out.
(2013-06-04, 01:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Subs directly from GG and Commie are all Hi10P. Still, if the issue is just in the sub-track, I might be able to reproduce this by extracting the ssa subs and trying them in another file. Will let you know what I find out.

doh!
Try HorribleSubs for the same titles.
You can find it all on nyaa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV with styled ASS subtitles0