Win Bluetooth surround audio in movies
Hi Everyone,

I was configuring my Bluetooth audio receiver to work with my headsets and got everything working on the Windows 8 side after a bit of a battle. I can now connect to my Bluetooth headset and play music files up to and including surround audio (AC3 files).

However, when I go into XBMC 12 and set the audio in System to Bluetooth, and then try and watch a movie, the audio won't come through. It bypasses and goes straight to my home theater receiver. Regular music files play fine, but not AC3 through Bluetooth. Therefore, when a movie starts and I'm listening through Bluetooth, the audio stops and reverts to the receiver.

Has anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

CN
you probably have passthrough selected in audio settings.. this will bypass the bluetooth device and go out to your receiver instead...
Yep - there are two devices listed at the bottom of the audio settings dialog - one for pcm audio and one for passthrough formats. Your Bluetooth device probably doesn't support AC3 directly (a Debug Log would tell this), so you may have to disable AC3 passthrough and let XBMC decode it to pcm.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth surround audio in movies0