Returned my Pivios Xios DS and Preordered a Ouya
Wink 
Good decision, great decision or bad decision?
I'm getting rid of my Pivos too, looking at a Celeron NUC..
No heard of it. I think XBMC and the gaming aspects of the Ouya sold me on this.
(2013-03-15, 03:15)demosthenes131 Wrote: Good decision, great decision or bad decision?
It doesn't come out till late june. I was considering doing this but figured by then pivos might come out with a new device.
I once pre-ordered a device thinking it would be available on the release date.

I've never been so wrong.
I can't think of a single reason to pre-order a piece of hardware in this class. Untested. Business model that's more likely to fail. Better to pick one up cheap on eBay from a disappointed early-adopter.
agree with twelvebore.
Htpc A6-3500,Gygabyte GA-A75M-D2H,Samsung 830 64gb ssd,GSkills ripjaws 2x4gb,Apevia xmaster case with 500w psu,
Asus black internal bluray drive,logitech k400 wireless keyboard.
(2013-03-16, 02:11)twelvebore Wrote: I can't think of a single reason to pre-order a piece of hardware in this class. Untested. Business model that's more likely to fail. Better to pick one up cheap on eBay from a disappointed early-adopter.

I have been waiting to pick up on a disappointed Raspberry Pi adopter, a disappointed Xios adopter. There doesn't seem to be any. XIOS and Raspberry Pi's are being sold over MSRP on eBay as well as craigslist. I am just waiting for these platforms to mature. I was looking at Pi, then Xios, now thinking about Ouya.
For under 100 bucks, I got something that plays my DVD mkv videos well.

That's all I wanted, to get away from the annoyances of my ps3 for video.

It did the job well enough that I've been enjoying it for months and now love xbmc.

It's beta and I like it more than my bros lg smart tv with plex.

Do what you will and enjoy.

Xbmc linux beta btw. Just know it's not dead simple.. Not fully plug and go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Returned my Pivios Xios DS and Preordered a Ouya0